Phantom 3 stress cracks fix. See the results after 2 hours of flight time.

Reaction score
Took the after market motor mounts off to see if the glue held the stress fractures together after a couple hours of flight time. The glue held but new cracks developed. It looks like I will have to replace the lower shell at some point.

Reactions: Cellblock776
Well I checked my P3P (bought new) with about 12 flights now, no hard landings (I catch it) and no crashes and sure enough it has stress cracks. The thing lives in it's nice protective case most of the time.
I've been reading threads about this. What is the latest consensus, does glue work? If so, what type? I don't have time to replace the shell and it's out of warranty

Well, its been over a year since I did the repair. The Phantom has a lot of flight time on it since and I have had no problems. I used the Gorilla Glue seen in my video and do not see anymore cracks. I applied a generous coating and if I remember correctly used two coats over the cracks. So far so good. Don't worry, the shell will not fall off, but just keep an eye on the cracks. Feel the motor gently to see if there is any movement or play after the repair, and give extra time for the glue to cure. Let us know what you do.

Reactions: Firehawk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4