Phantom 3 Standard with professional antennas.

Reaction score
I know people put the professional antennas on the gimbal and it works great for video distance. Would it work if I were to take my phantom apart and replace the extra 2 professional antennas I have with the RC antenna that comes down the landing gear. I have the phantom 3 pro landing gear so all the antennas would fit perfectly. Or are the p3p antennas just 2.4 ghz? I know the RC is 5.8. Please let me know. Thank you.

I know people put the professional antennas on the gimbal and it works great for video distance.

That's a first time I'm hearing this. The pro/adv antennas are not omnidirectional, so using only 2 of them will most likely cause the distance depend on drone rotation. And if one will fail (ie due to antenna damage or socket disconnect, or RF amplifier fry) you will lose connection completely.

Or are the p3p antennas just 2.4 ghz? I know the RC is 5.8.
Yes, they are 2.4GHz. And yes, 2.4GHz antenna doesn't have another transmission window at 5.8GHz, unless it's especially designed for it.

That's a first time I'm hearing this. The pro/adv antennas are not omnidirectional, so using only 2 of them will most likely cause the distance depend on drone rotation. And if one will fail (ie due to antenna damage or socket disconnect, or RF amplifier fry) you will lose connection completely.

Yes, they are 2.4GHz. And yes, 2.4GHz antenna doesn't have another transmission window at 5.8GHz, unless it's especially designed for it.

That answered my question. Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl