Phantom 3 Standard question--Gimbal/camera not attached

Reaction score
I recently found what I thought was a bargain. I bought a used Phantom 3 standard with the understanding that there was a minor issue with the gimbal, possible a ribbon cable needed replacement. My question is, can I fly the drone, using just the controller, of course, without the gimbal/camera attached? Can I just secure the small black and the small grey wire, as well as the grey ribbon cable that exit out of the main Phantom body, so that they don't touch anything or each other, and fly? Is there any trick not covered in the instructions (all 55 pages) that are available online that I need to know to get it in the air. I want to get some flying time experience before I invest in a new or used gimbal. I have heard that some models will not fly with the gimbal. Please, any help would be appreciated, and I promise not to be a pain. Thanks in advance for any input

Well I did see a video of him flying it without the gimbal, but I was sure I saw somewhere that it wouldn't fly that way. I took a chance, just wanting to get some flying time while I saved enough money to get a new gimbal. After today don't know if I want to invest any more in drones. I was flying my Yuneec Breeze, and suddenly it took off out of sight. I will go tomorrow and walk out the area, but I may well have seen the last of it. I might just sell this Phantom if anyone is interested, I gave $230 for it, shipped. Has the case, charger one battery, and two extra sets of props. I would sell it for what I have in it if anyone would be interested in it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.