Phantom 3 standard, gimbal not working

Reaction score
P3 wound up in a tree with a bit of moisture. All is well with the Drone camera works great, it's just the gimbal is non functional. Gimbal is dry. I've look at it on a work bench but don't see any broken wires anything unusual. any suggestions ? Also I'm in Olympia WA. are there any repair shops in my area

P3 wound up in a tree with a bit of moisture. All is well with the Drone camera works great, it's just the gimbal is non functional. Gimbal is dry. I've look at it on a work bench but don't see any broken wires anything unusual. any suggestions ? Also I'm in Olympia WA. are there any repair shops in my area
Try auto calibrate gimble ? Or you try that,,calibrate remote again,,any friction on it when on,should be little bit ,,is it limp or sit straight

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
OK have to ask,was it in tree for short time or awhile,,I'm thinking now it could have had cam resting on certain part of branded and gimble motor possible overload if you have cam view still,,,I just say that cause I had that gimble overload from cam in long grass,,you might have a warning in djigo app under warnings if that did happen

OK have to ask,was it in tree for short time or awhile,,I'm thinking now it could have had cam resting on certain part of branded and gimbal motor possible overload if you have cam view still,,,I just say that cause I had that gimbal overload from cam in long grass,,you might have a warning in djigo app under warnings if that did happen

OK Found problem bottom ribbon wire pulled out. Now I need to find somebody in Olympia WA that can repair it.

Attachments

• GIMBIL 1.png
    GIMBIL 1.png
    831.4 KB · Views: 461
  • GIMBIL 2.png
    GIMBIL 2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 497
OK Found problem bottom ribbon wire pulled out. Now I need to find somebody in Olympia WA that can repair it.
OK hard to see but end of cable look damage,,ribbon sets are very cheap and I say would be easy for you to fit yourself,,you probly save hundreds doing it yourself,,,if still under 1 year of purchase you still got warranty

Thats a area subject to damage IF you land in a spot with Big Rocks....right where it turns and plugs in.....its right UP against the cameras body and its very easy to cut with a rock and gimbal guard helps to protect that area But its Not a cure all for ever thing that you might land on.....Hey hope that you get that new ribbon wire cable back on asap and can be airborne again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20