Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal Issue after crash (help)

Reaction score
Ok, hey guys, i'm a newbie here, I know there are a lot of posts on gimbal issues but I couldn't find one that matched my particular issue so here goes. My phantom crashed yesterday, landed head first and my battery popped out, after doing my checks i realized that the camera was fine video and all, the app even says the gimbal is status is normal and I could adjust the pitch up and down no problem, however, when i test the yaw functionality it drops to one side and stays down and the gimbal status changes to motor overload. I have tried to calibrate it but it just starts and then says it cannot calibrate it. I checked the alignment of the motor and it was level but i still have the issue regardless, can anyone help me?

Here is a video of the issue-->

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I think you damaged the roll motor. a roll motor for a Professional and advanced is the same as the Standard. You can also cut the shaft down on the pitch motor and make it a roll motor.

Reaction score
I think you damaged the roll motor. a roll motor for a Professional and advanced is the same as the Standard. You can also cut the shaft down on the pitch motor and make it a roll motor.
I was thinking that too, are there any tutorials on replacing the motor?

Reaction score
Ok so i changed the roll motor but the camera still does the same thing, any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Droneted

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi,

In the event of me destroying my P4P, could I also contact and send it to you? Do you have any credentials or something that would make a total stranger trust you?
Not at all. No credentials. I am just an old guy trying to help. If the motor replacement didn't work I am not sure about it. It could be the sensor on the roll motor. If you can find the right one I would try that. the part is "P01072.05" I have one but I can't be sure it is good. I will test it today and get back to you. If it is good it is only $25 plus shipping. it is pretty small so shipping would be cheap.

Reaction score
Not at all. No credentials. I am just an old guy trying to help. If the motor replacement didn't work I am not sure about it. It could be the sensor on the roll motor. If you can find the right one I would try that. the part is "P01072.05" I have one but I can't be sure it is good. I will test it today and get back to you. If it is good it is only $25 plus shipping. it is pretty small so shipping would be cheap.
Thank you

Reaction score

Reaction score
Hi old guy! Is the part you speak of? 19206459_10208153072739351_585345255_n.jpg And if so is it available? If not do you know where I might purchase one?

Droneted

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I am out but u could try "hunch" ...he is on here and has tons of parts.
I am located in Clermont, Florida. Right now I am in NY for a short while. Have to beat the heat.

Reactions: Icarus landing
Reaction score
Hey Ted i saw your reply on the forum. I have a P3 Standard with a Gimbal TILT error and the cam does not dance on startup. I tried replacing the senor board you mentioned here but same result.

Any ideas what to look at next to a Gimbal Tilt error? Any help appreciated.
Len

Droneted

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If you replaced the sensor, I guess I would try the pitch motor next. The pitch motor controls the tilt. I have that motor and it is pretty cheap. Are you in the US?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iosappdevelopment