Phantom 3 standard controller wont turn on?

Reaction score
Hi, My phantom 3 standard has been sitting for about 3 months not being charged due to family health problems and finally got ready to fly a couple days ago and my controller wont turn on and wont accept a charge?? With no charger hooked up i have nothing, hook the charger up and light on controller goes streight to green, left it for 24hrs and nothing. Hook the charger up and turn on controller i get a flashing red light, one green flasing light and a rapid beeping? Flip the s2 switch and get a solid red and one flashing green light? Has my battery gone bad? If so where can i get one?
Oh and while plugged in i can get wifi signal and the battery monitor says battery level
1%. Sorry for the long post! Thanks for any help.

I believe the battery is a 18650 cell. I'm not sure of the exact specs other than that. They are best ordered online through eBay and are quite inexpensive. They are hard-wired into the transmitter, though, so you'll need a little skill to replace it. I'd start with that. If changing the battery does not solve your problem you'll probably need a new transmitter.

Ok thanks, I think i have seen some with the soldering tabs pre installed somewhere so ill keep looking.

these may be dumb questions........but was the controller turned on the first time you tried to charge it ? and is the left stick locked in the down position ?

No the charger was off, just noticed when i plugged it in that it had solid green light and i knew it was completely dead. Thats when i started messing with the buttons and sticks trying to get it to do something. And the left stick was in the center position.

I believe the battery is a 18650 cell. I'm not sure of the exact specs other than that. They are best ordered online through eBay and are quite inexpensive. They are hard-wired into the transmitter, though, so you'll need a little skill to replace it. I'd start with that. If changing the battery does not solve your problem you'll probably need a new transmitter.
Actually not hardwired, but has a plug/jack into the pc board. You would need to clip off the battery wire with and solder to the new battery leads.

The specs of the battery are oriented on the label on back of controller !

It is a single 18650 LiPo cell of 3.7v and 2650mAh .......

Nigel

Finally got one ordered, should be here in a few days and be a direct plug in. Same specs just a higher
mAH. Ill let yall know how it goes.

This is what i got and its from maxxpacks.com. E mailed a guy there and he said they have sold thousands of them for phantom users.
Panasonic (JAPAN) 3.7V 3400mAh 18650 pcb cell with a Phantom connector.

Price is $20.00 + $4.00 shipping.

Well guys the new battery didnt fix it. So unless im missing something looks like i need a new controller. Anybody have a good used one??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94