Phantom 3 Standard Constand video signal warning

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I had to put away my p2v after the last update and some time in storage fried the wifi card. So i bought a second hand phantom 2 standard. I checked the history and it has hardly any flight hours and has flown great the only problem is on the DJI Go app i get a constant message about video signal problems. This can be just sitting about 10 ft in front of me. I have tried going out into a field with nothing around it and still have the same results.

I know the DGI Go app is up to date because my phone auto updates everything in the apps even if i dont want it. I do not know what version firmware is on the drone but after my last run in with the p2v I'm worried about destroying another drone. DJI wont care because it is a p3 and one that was bought off of someone. I also remember reading that certain firmware version rendered the drone useless if it wasn't registered or something like that.

So i guess i start with what do i need to do to check the firmware and could this be the issue. I get bad lag on the video feed and the warning banner about the signal written in red. The drone flys fine and i have control as far as i have taken it out. Sometimes i get a yellow message about interference but that's understandable depending on the area around me.

I thought about getting a range extender but would like to know what to try first and if anyone else is having issues. I'm hoping it is not ANOTHER wifi problem as these DJI drones are really a pain and support for them is a joke.

How hard is to do the software updates to get the drone to the correct firmware and how many have problems? Was there any truth to the rumors that DJI could cripple the drone based on NOT updating it to the correct firmware?

Thanks and hope to flying again soon.

Bill

If i can i will post a screenshot of the warning message.

How hard is to do the software updates to get the drone to the correct firmware and how many have problems?
If by "correct" you mean the current P3S firmware, you can install it using DJI GO like this:

Was there any truth to the rumors that DJI could cripple the drone based on NOT updating it to the correct firmware?
DJI could easily do that, but they haven't yet. All P3S firmware updates have been optional up to this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik