Phantom 3 standard compass error

Reaction score
hello, I'm having compas errors, I tried to calibrate it and downgrade the firmware but still the error is not corrected. What else could it be? I have to change the hardware of the antenna?
c071f1923f92f83895cbe4128ccecae5.jpg
6259ac2eb4cfb46d91d8511f67b6540c.jpg
16dd28de16c97e2df4b5a4a52751b3cb.jpg

Your picture shows a compass error while indoors , i'm going to assume you get compass errors while outdoors --- move to another location and see if you get compass errors there , if you get compass errors no matter where you are outdoors then you have a problem with your compass hardware .

Reactions: JoBe
hello, I'm having compas errors, I tried to calibrate it and downgrade the firmware but still the error is not corrected. What else could it be? I have to change the hardware of the antenna?
Go into the app settings and look at the Sensor info page to see what's showing for your compass.
If it shows a number, the compass is doing something.
If it shows zero, the compass is disconnected.
It's fairly common to find one of the very fine wires to the compass is broken, or it could be the connection to the mainboard is loose.

Go into the app settings and look at the Sensor info page to see what's showing for your compass.
If it shows a number, the compass is doing something.
If it shows zero, the compass is disconnected.
It's fairly common to find one of the very fine wires to the compass is broken, or it could be the connection to the mainboard is loose.

Tanks for the answer, i read the same thing , it shows something but i cant stop the error, i try the IMU calibration in a open area too .
626f1a2ef05260899e81dbe2b47af71d.jpg

Your picture shows a compass error while indoors , i'm going to assume you get compass errors while outdoors --- move to another location and see if you get compass errors there , if you get compass errors no matter where you are outdoors then you have a problem with your compass hardware .

Thanks for the help, in the photo i was indoors but the error shows outdoor too,
1b7b70dd964d336a744dbf5c551fb21e.jpg

I read that if the calibration value is 0 its a loose or broken cable, but mine shows something, still im thinking on change the gps antenna hardware because im running out of ideas

Tanks for the answer, i read the same thing , it shows something but i cant stop the error, i try the IMU calibration in a open area too .
im thinking on change the gps antenna hardware because im running out of ideas
Recalibrating the IMU or doing something to the GPS won't fix a problem with the compass.
They are unrelated systems.

Then why i hould do ?
If your car airconditioner is acting up, you don't get new tires.
It's the same with the Phantom.
If the compass system has a problem, you look into the compass system - not everything else.
There isn't much that can go wrong with the compass.
Usually it works or it's disconnected.
At worst, if you have to replace yours, a new one is cheap.
To eliminate some obvious things .... if you put the Phantom down on a steel or reinforced concrete surface, the compass will complain and you'll have a compass error.
Taking the Phantom away from the steel makes the compass error away.
Is there any chance your compass error is because the Phantom is near some steel or an electric cable?

DO the numbers in the compass data change when you move the Phantom?
The main number of interest is the Mod value.
A normal value is somewhere around 1500 so yours isn't far out.
What range do you see when you move it?

Reactions: RodPad
While you're watching the compass sensor value number, wave something magnetic by the sensor on the landing gear. If the value doesn't change it's most likely the $15 compass sensor.

Mine wouldn't calibrate after I crashed it & the sensor value read zero. It didn't change after I stuck a magnet in front of it so I split the cases & found this little gem of a problem.

Are there any vendors on this forum that do drone repair?

IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG

If your car airconditioner is acting up, you don't get new tires.
It's the same with the Phantom.
If the compass system has a problem, you look into the compass system - not everything else.
This is funny af! Plus good for making your point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost