Phantom 3 Standard, Camera and Go App detection going bonkers!

Reaction score
Hi guys ! I'm a noobie here. I just got my P3S about a week ago and have been experiencing some weird issues with the video connection and DJI Go app. Wondering if anyone else out there have similar issues. I'm on the latest version app and aircraft firmware for Android. When I connect to the Phantom WiFi, the DJI Go app autodetect flickers between the Inspire and Phantom, non stop. When I click into the camera view, the camera controls blink gray when there is a live feed. Sometimes, I don't even get a live feed or it turns gray. I've tried reinstalling the Go app and wifi reset. It fixes the issue upon fresh install, but once I exit and try again later, it's back to the detection flickering and camera issues. Pretty frustrating that I can't get a consistent connection, the issue is replicated on both my phone (Oneplus One) and tablet (Nvidia Shield). Any help would be appreciated.

Mine was doing the exact same thing. Mine was other wifi's in the area clogging the signal. I'm in an RV park, so in 150' I probably have 15 or 20 people with boosters, not to mention the ones with their own wifi. Took it 1/2 mile away, down on the beach, and it worked fine. It was flipping back and forth from the P3, to the inspire just like your's is doing. I even tried to catch it on the P3 when it flipped, but that didn't work. Wifi interference was my problem.

I sent you a reply, but I don't see it. Mine was doing the exact same thing. It was wifi interference causing my problem. RV park with hundreds of wifi users with boosters, or their own wifi. Took it to the beach about 1/2 mile away, worked fine.

I will say, I'm not using the 1.3.5 app. Mines older, like 1.2.4. But I think wifi crossing may be your problem.

OK , I thought my phantom was a rare case flipping out like that. I've tried taking it out to a few places already, parks etc, and the results were all the same. I live in the Bay Area, I guess the wifi interference is real heavy here...

Well, I'm not saying I know thats the problem, but mine was flipping back and forth like yours, got no video like yours, so, it could be. I downloaded the older version of the app 3 times, and nothing changed until I went down to the beach. Good luck.

Mine was doing the same thing too. I figured there might of been some kind of incompatibility introduced between my phone (Nexus 6) and the lasted firmware or app. So, I got a tablet on the list of dji approved devices (Nexus 9). No issues since I started using the tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The video I made was from my shield tablet which is on the list, Although I have the first gen version. I think I will try taking it out again to some other places this weekend and see how the connection goes. I'll also try borrowing another device on the list to see if that helps also and report back. Thanks guys!

This post is right on time as I was setting up a new P3 Standard tonight & this is exactly what it was doing bouncing between Inspire & Standard. I was using my phone as the device at the time & switched over to the Nexus which worked fine. Strange.

Please make sure you don't have LItchi installed. I know in the video I saw it was in that case. This is causing the issue. Once you start Litchi and stop it DJI Go App will have this issue.

Please download ShutApp from the Play store and install. Touch the widget and force close all Apps. Do this each time you use Litchi and go back To DJI Go App or visa versa and the issue will stop.

This is a bug with the SDK and Litchi causing the issue.

Reactions: Evounit01
Azpilot61 you are the man! That was exactly the problem that caused my Go app to go bonkers! I used the shutapp as you suggested and it fixed my issue. Should have known that litchi app would cause conflicts. Many thanks!

Reactions: Grae

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4