Phantom 3 signal loss

Reaction score
When i was flying my drone the other day i only got 200m far before the signal cut out and said that rth had failed and both the phone and the remote had supposedly lossed signal but i was able to bring it back.

Why did it lose signal 200m away?
And why didnt it rth when it was set in the settings to rth when signal was lost?

Btw im relatively new to this as i only got the phantom 3 standard around a month ago.

You probably didn't aim your controller correctly.

You must have lost FPV but retained the control signal.

Good luck

According to the flight logs it never returned to home

Last edited by a moderator:
Acording to the flight logs it never returned to home

See image attached ...

9/9f7162a7ba00845c052433477004b428.jpg[/IMG]
This is very confusing? Did you get the AC back? If you lost downlink it shouldn’t be a surprise that you won’t see anything in the replay/flight log after that.

This is very confusing? Did you get the AC back? If you lost downlink it shouldn’t be a surprise that you won’t see anything in the replay/flight log after that.
Apparently i lost all signal and rth didnt work but i still was able to bring it back and land it but the flight log says otherwise.

Apparently i lost all signal and rth didnt work but i still was able to bring it back and land it but the flight log says otherwise.
Have you uploaded the flight log to airdata or phantomhelp log viewer or are you just replaying the flight in the go app?

Oh wait nevermind i think i get what you mean by it losing downlink and not showing up in the logs
If there is no telemetry being received you can’t have any useful flight data.... what I was getting at is that log analysis in phantomhelp viewer or airdata may give you some clues if what happened, including whether an RTH was initiated etc.

If there is no telemetry being received you can’t have any useful flight data.... what I was getting at is that log analysis in phantomhelp viewer or airdata may give you some clues if what happened, including whether an RTH was initiated etc.
Ok, thanks for the help will use airdata to see what happened

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20