Phantom 3 Signal interference UK model

Would you consider taking compulsory training to operate a drone in public

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have potentially bad news for UK phantom 3 pilots.
The video transmission, although boosted by lightbridge and having much of the tech its big brother, the inspire has,embedded in it.

For legal reasons, DJI has dropped the 5.8 frequency. everything is on 2.4. I never dreamed that this would happen, but it is a seriously bad move for pilots who are now discovering all sorts of feed and control problems. It is there in the spec, so just to let you know, this has caused me to return my P3 to the store.

I would keep hold of the vision 2 plus for a while longer. Obviously it is a legal requirement that Dji uses the 2.4 frequency, those of us at 5.8 now need to be grateful and hope that dji can find an unallocated or quieter frequency.

I am not a complaining customer, I completely love the tech the platform, the design and the changes (apart from the suicide move to 2.4). No wonder there is lag, corruption and signal interference for me, out in the middle of a field away from everyone and still hadn't realised at that point the fundamental reason that I couldn't get round.

It was explained to me that my samsung tab wasn't suitable, even though it is on the compatibility list in the box my p3 came in. I should have realised that when it wouldn't fit in the holder and had to purchase an extension.

IT IS SUCH A SHAME AND I AM GUTTED. I hope you guys have modern ipads with fast processors, get zapper task killer and kill all background apps from running, to help with lag.

But unless there is a mod to use a different frequency, I had to give this one back Such a shame, but very lucky I still have my vision plus 2. Have a good day pilots and I hope this doesn't make your stomach sink like mine did when I realised out in the testing field.

A few friends here in the UK have the P3Ps (mine will soon be on order), they have had no issues. They have used them in both fields and near activity without issues to be honest, they have had to change the channels and seems to work.

I understand what you mean on the 2.4Ghz (ISM band), but I guess it comes down to location. A guy does use a cheap, handheld 2.4Ghz RF analyser which helps get a feel for all the RF 'smog'.

A few friends here in the UK have the P3Ps (mine will soon be on order), they have had no issues. They have used them in both fields and near activity without issues to be honest, they have had to change the channels and seems to work.

I understand what you mean on the 2.4Ghz (ISM band), but I guess it comes down to location. A guy does use a cheap, handheld 2.4Ghz RF analyser which helps get a feel for all the RF 'smog'.

Yes, I understand and I am gutted, but it is too much like pot luck and for me that is just not safe. I need to be certain of feed and control I really really really wanted a phantom 3, The bird is way better, just bordering on a crazy move in my eyes. hmmm, can only wish you well with your purchase, I certainly hope you are not one of the pilots with trouble.

If the lower range of channels is too cluttered, do the manual channel hack and pick a higher one. 2.4 is perfectly reasonable, just pick a new channel.

The video transmission, although boosted by lightbridge and having much of the tech its big brother, the inspire has,embedded in it.

For legal reasons, DJI has dropped the 5.8 frequency. everything is on 2.4. I never dreamed that this would happen, but it is a seriously bad move for pilots who are now discovering all sorts of feed and control problems. It is there in the spec, so just to let you know, this has caused me to return my P3 to the store.

I would keep hold of the vision 2 plus for a while longer. Obviously it is a legal requirement that Dji uses the 2.4 frequency, those of us at 5.8 now need to be grateful and hope that dji can find an unallocated or quieter frequency.

I am not a complaining customer, I completely love the tech the platform, the design and the changes (apart from the suicide move to 2.4). No wonder there is lag, corruption and signal interference for me, out in the middle of a field away from everyone and still hadn't realised at that point the fundamental reason that I couldn't get round.

It was explained to me that my samsung tab wasn't suitable, even though it is on the compatibility list in the box my p3 came in. I should have realised that when it wouldn't fit in the holder and had to purchase an extension.

IT IS SUCH A SHAME AND I AM GUTTED. I hope you guys have modern ipads with fast processors, get zapper task killer and kill all background apps from running, to help with lag.

But unless there is a mod to use a different frequency, I had to give this one back Such a shame, but very lucky I still have my vision plus 2. Have a good day pilots and I hope this doesn't make your stomach sink like mine did when I realised out in the testing field.
I am lost, I have no problems with signals. Video is clear free of lags, cutouts etc. Butt hen I am using an iPad Air 2 and have a video range of at least a mile ( as far as I have pushed it) all stock without 32 chan hack.

I have no issues with video feed.

Where did you read it where it says 5.8 is not allowed in the UK?

Also which firmware does this affect?

Is this something which has been done recently, because I get well over 1.2miles in range with my P3P.

This is not something new. The P3 range has always had control signal at 2.4 GHz. What law makes DJI use 2.4GHz in the UK? Can you advise me?

The lightbridge technology is totally faultless (IMHO) and gives far superior range over the P2 ranges. I have seen a stock P3 at over 2 miles distance. My P2V and V+ used to drop the wifi signal quite regularly, and it was a nightmare when going behind trees or if buildings got in the way. The lightbridge and the 2.4 GHz control is far superior.

Perhaps if you had done a little research you would have understood that the P3 range used 2.4.

I have no issues with video feed.

Where did you read it where it says 5.8 is not allowed in the UK?

Also which firmware does this affect?

Is this something which has been done recently, because I get well over 1.2miles in range with my P3P.
Good to know...my friends are also getting long range here in the UK (Cambs), no lag etc etc.

Darren... Your not another UAV vendor like Yuneec or someone else trying to make would-be customers in the UK think again when buying a Phantom....just kidding LOL

There is no issue in using 2.4GHz. The OP's allegation is utterly false and as such this thread will soon be closed unless someone has good reason for it to stay open.

I can't say I fully understand the issues here but what I do know is that last weekend I got a new personal best of 1.96 miles and could have carried on going but lost my nerve ( Suffolk uk) no issues what so ever??

There is no issue in using 2.4GHz. The OP's allegation is utterly false and as such this thread will soon be closed unless someone has good reason for it to stay open.

I know a great reason to keep it open - look at the the people posting their personal bests!!!
Just makes the original post lose even more credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues