Phantom 3 shells

Reaction score
I crashed my p3p and the top shell is the only thing that appears to be damaged. Are the phantom 2 shells compatible? Or what are my options to replace it?

Phantom 2 shells are not compatible with the Phantom 3.

The options are not good right now. DJI sells he Phantom aircraft body separately.

But, if you're going to spend that much, it might make more sense to buy a new Phantom and sell yours for parts.

Last edited:
Ya I don't wanna spend $680 for just a repair. And it is bad enough to where the prop won't spin. It is bent up around 20 degrees so it will not spin, a patch won't work.

They might not sell a shell that you can buy, but it might be worth contacting DJI and seeing what they would charge? Or maybe someone had totaled a P3 but the upper shell is still in tact?

I crashed my p3p and the top shell is the only thing that appears to be damaged. Are the phantom 2 shells compatible? Or what are my options to replace it?

Hey bud just got a couple shells from these guys, not sure how many they have left, fyi darkenergydrones.com

Hey bud just got a couple shells from these guys, not sure how many they have left, fyi darkenergydrones.com
Did you actually get the shells? I've been checking out that seller for a couple of days and so far I am not getting a confident feeling.

Did you actually get the shells? I've been checking out that seller for a couple of days and so far I am not getting a confident feeling.

@Oso Proceed with caution, the above user has left that link a few different places including on one of our threads and seems to be the only one to be able to share any experience. A quick search of the forum can provide a bit more insight: http://www.phantompilots.com/search/1008699/?q=darkenergydrones.com&o=relevance

I will leave the below message here as well which is the same message we shared with those on our thread.

There was a site listed previously in this thread that IS NOT a DJI Authorized Dealer. Authorized Dealers are listed on DJI's Website at www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/dealer and an Authorized Dealer cannot list DJI products below MAP. Please shop online with caution as there have been many scams lately and the end user is the one who usually is getting hit the hardest. Any DJI product purchased from a Non-Authorized DJI Retailer will carry no warranty. Shop smart! :)

-Dan

I did the same thing ...i took it apart and was able to tweek the shell and get the prop to spin again...put another 6+- hours on it and its flying fine...just waiting for shells to be available

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers