Phantom 3 SE?

First flight of my P3se done after work. All good only flew 3 flights, 18 mins total, quite windy. max height I went up was 85 m and max distance of 1200m was my third flight. Video link showed no noticeable signs of lag, a good clear image no chopping up and strong signal strength 2.4 and 5.8 both about 70/80%, the rth was about 1.3m off takeoff spot but only 12 sats locked. All in all a good maiden flight.
Wow, nice. Thank you.

That's not even the DJI site, that's the site for tomtop.com and it's just the phantom 3 standard. Nothing new about it.

Really. Funny that as I just bought one.. 4K video at 30fps, 4000m distance, 2 sensors allow indoor flying in Omni mode. I have a Standard 3 and the SE is a different configuration.

Buy Phantom 3 SE

Phantom 3se worldwide release, in uk it is available from dji store for £599. Dji support states European CE compliance range is 2 km

Phantom 3se worldwide release, in uk it is available from dji store for £599. Dji support states European CE compliance range is 2 km

EU CE compliance ... dang. I was lucky I was in Shenzen paid US$515 at DJI Store but got back my VAT Tax at airport which was 17%.

So really I paid US$428 for the SE which is the 4km range model for Asia. One thing though warranty only applies in China as bought in China.
I really don't care too much about that.

EU CE compliance ... dang. I was lucky I was in Shenzen paid US$515 at DJI Store but got back my VAT Tax at airport which was 17%.

So really I paid US$428 for the SE which is the 4km range model for Asia. One thing though warranty only applies in China as bought in China.
I really don't care too much about that.
Well it is not important where you bought it, it depends where you flying. It detects your location and automatically sets the output power to complie with the regulations. So if you bought it in China but flying it in Europe it will work in CE mode or if you flying it in the US it will work in FCC and so on.

Hi all, just joined today and this is my first post. I got the P34K i bought from a US based ebay seller, im based in the UK, south Wales.

Just found out today dji UK is selling the SE officially here in the UK.

It would be very interesting if we could mod/hack the flight range of the SE to work on the P34K.

Reactions: Nestmac
Hi all, just joined today and this is my first post. I got the P34K i bought from a US based ebay seller, im based in the UK, south Wales. Just found out today dji UK is selling the SE officially here in the UK. It would be very interesting if we could mod/hack the flight range of the SE to work on the P34K.

Nope. Different systems for RC connection to drone. I have the SE and the P3S. Will be fun to video in 4k then downscale to 1080 as that also looks good for lots of people.

Reactions: jigners
Guys get someone who has a school based email address, ending with .edu = 10% discount from the entire DJI online store for 3 month. All you need is .edu, and register with them... enjoy 10% off

Reactions: jigners
I was really wanting a P3P but after looking on DJI website the P3 SE is cheaper and with a 4 km range it's looking better all the time.

I was really wanting a P3P but after looking on DJI website the P3 SE is cheaper and with a 4 km range it's looking better all the time.
I still don't trust the SE over the pro or advanced. I don't see how SE using WiFi is superior to lighbridge. Someone using the SE and the advanced or pro can test the range and see which one have better range.

Reactions: Nestmac
Wifi isn't and can't be superior in any way over lightbridge except price. P3a or pro have 5km range, but for the price SE is great drone. Here are comparision between SE and P4A in same condition.
Advantage of lightbridge is clearly seen especially in stability of transmission at longer distance, but performance of SE is still impressive because it does not lagging that much behind P4A which cost more then double.

Last edited:
Wifi isn't and can't be superior in any way over lightbridge except price. P3a or pro have 5km range, but for the price SE is great drone. Here are comparision between SE and P4A in same condition.
Advantage of lightbridge is clearly seen especially in stability of transmission at longer distance, but performance of SE is still impressive because it does not lagging that much behind P4A which cost more then double.
You can get the advanced in the US for $639 US dollars in Amazon refurbished. The SE cost $599... So very close in price.

The Phantom 3 SE’s camera shoots 4K 30 fps video and 12 MP photos and a maximum speed of 35 mph and even keep the Phantom flying in strong winds ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl