Phantom 3 SE?

Hi,

i got offer to sell my p3s and thinking to sell it and buy SE, mostly becuse of range. But i just look at specs in SE manual and stated power is same as standard 2.4g FCC 27db CE20db and 5.8g FCC 19db CE 14db. Now this confuses me, how they menaged to get 4 time the range without increasing power??? Does someone here got it and can test range?

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_se/20170623/Phantom+3+SE+用户手册_V1.0.pdf page 48

thx

Not 100% sure on how they got increased range but I think there are more antennas in the AC, that is probably helping some but not sure if that's all.

Yeah, I also noticed upgraded antennas, looking like same as on pro/advanced, but I am pretty sure that this can't be enough for 4 time increase.

I see that on uk eBay that there are two sellers from USA (Florida and Austin) offering new P3se For $770. I'm in UK and just ordered one from china and cost me £452 = $580 inc customs & taxes. Ordered 27june and with be with me in next 12 hours

Too expensive... you can buy basically a Mavic at that price in the US.
Prices of DJI product are much more expensive in EU than US. For example P3S is 600eur(688usd) in EU but 500usd in US. Because of that i buy from china and pay 397usd for brand new P3S, also you can buy P3SE for 500usd now.

Reactions: Bears 3se
Too expensive... you can buy basically a Mavic at that price in the US.

And after testing a Mavic ... I would still choose the ADV !! Actually I just bought a Pro ...

Basically I am not a 'back-packer' which the only advantage of Mavic I can imagine.

Nigel

Reactions: 0v3rrid3
The eagle has landed. My p3se just turned up about 1 hour ago. Got batteries on charge. And it will be light for another 45 min here. So maybe a quick test flight tonight.

Reactions: 0v3rrid3
Prices of DJI product are much more expensive in EU than US. For example P3S is 600eur(688usd) in EU but 500usd in US. Because of that i buy from china and pay 397usd for brand new P3S, also you can buy P3SE for 500usd now.

So can a US buyer buy directly from the Chinese DJI store to save $$?

First flight of my P3se done after work. All good only flew 3 flights, 18 mins total, quite windy. max height I went up was 85 m and max distance of 1200m was my third flight. Video link showed no noticeable signs of lag, a good clear image no chopping up and strong signal strength 2.4 and 5.8 both about 70/80%, the rth was about 1.3m off takeoff spot but only 12 sats locked. All in all a good maiden flight.

Tomtop is showing a price of $499 US right now. If there were more reviews I would hit the buy button. I have purchased from Tomtop before and was happy with the transaction.

Tomtop is showing a price of $499 US right now. If there were more reviews I would hit the buy button. I have purchased from Tomtop before and was happy with the transaction.
That's a great price for the SE version. If I have the money available I will get it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj