Phantom 3 SE?

I live in the United States and purchased one of these DJI Phantom SE quad-copters when TomTop had them on sale for 499. I just got it yesterday and have not flown it yet but I can tell you that there is in fact a sticker on the box that states that the product complies with FCC rules.

That's good ... if its issued properly for that model.

Strange that DJI themselves though do not sell outside China. That's their words ... as you see from their email to me.

I would be interested to know the FCC data against the Stickers ID ... it is not unknown for Chinese sellers to use Certification from one item for another 'similar' .... we have often with our products we source from China ...

Nigel

Aircraft and Controller model number on FCC label. I am not gonna come out and say that its not fake but the box, the labels, and all of the packaging material appear to be genuine DJI. It did not come with English instructions but did include safety guideline documents in English. The DJI app had no problems with me registering the aircraft in america and I could not find anything stating that they would not honor the warranty if I have an issue. Finger crossed, I just downloaded the updated firmware and am gonna take it out to the middle of nowhere for its first flight.

Aircraft and Controller model number on FCC label. I am not gonna come out and say that its not fake but the box, the labels, and all of the packaging material appear to be genuine DJI. It did not come with English instructions but did include safety guideline documents in English. The DJI app had no problems with me registering the aircraft in america and I could not find anything stating that they would not honor the warranty if I have an issue. Finger crossed, I just downloaded the updated firmware and am gonna take it out to the middle of nowhere for its first flight.

Post a video of the aircraft in testing his range and quality of the video.

I will. I suspect the video feed is going to be laggy, it is a wifi device.
Not necessarily, I have the phantom 3 standard and this little boy makes decent quality video. Just because is WiFi does not mean the video quality is crap. Now, cheap WiFi drones with 720p camera is something else, and will agreed with you.

I wait reports ....

At present I can get a P3A or even a P3P for similar money but of course they are end of line / refurb or second hand. The P3 SE if it does as good as they claim - is new with all the warranty IF DJI actually support outside China - which by their email above - I am concerned about.

I have my doubts particularly as I live in CE land - so out of box - I do not expect spectacular results.

The price may not be great amount when it comes to camera drones - but its still a significant amount if performance is lacking.

Nigel

Last edited:
I meant the video feed to the the controller not the quality of the video being recorded on the phantom camera itself.

Last edited:
Looks like DJI may be sorting out then ...

Nigel

Hope to be getting the 3se soon, I'm in uk but bird is apparently on a plane in hong kong and coming to European dist centre according to the tracking, then I hope it makes it Thro customs and hope for no taxes to pay? Paid £437 on 27th June. Will keep you all updated.

Hope to be getting the 3se soon, I'm in uk but bird is apparently on a plane in hong kong and coming to European dist centre according to the tracking, then I hope it makes it Thro customs and hope for no taxes to pay? Paid £437 on 27th June. Will keep you all updated.
yes ! keep us in the loop from arrival to flight !

All I got is a tracking message off sf express =
"Shipment loaded at 【Hong Kong Tsing Yi Distribution Center】, send to 【Europe Distribution Centre] " got bird off geekbuying.com

Wish you luck - but if UK courier is anything like Latvia - the courier CO's automatically inform customs ....

Back when I lived in uk - I sent a Carl Goldberg kit home from USA ... courier co. put a daft high value on the label ... and uk customs stuffed me for large sum to clear !

Nigel

I can only hope for the best, but the seller sent be a copy of customs declaration they sent with parcel and it states value as a $30 gift

Latvian Customs will reject all declarations like that ... we have to show Purchase Order, Payment Slip of Paypal / Bank, even the Articles web-page if bought online.

Basically they are not stupid !!

I really wish you luck ...

Nigel

Seems like DJI is squishing all the Phantom 3 models into 1 new product but using enhanced WiFi instead of Lightbridge and at a price point close to P3S??

Mine moving along nicely, just paid my customs and taxes to dpd courier company a grand total of 19 euros (10 of it is admin charge), I'm happy with that. Unlucky it's a Friday as now bird can't land here until maybe Monday or Tuesday

Mine moving along nicely, just paid my customs and taxes to dpd courier company a grand total of 19 euros (10 of it is admin charge), I'm happy with that. Unlucky it's a Friday as now bird can't land here until maybe Monday or Tuesday

You lucky b****** !!

Nigel

Reactions: macoman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31