Phantom 3 SE cases

Reaction score
Hi new the forum...just bought a Phantom 3 SE... trying to find the perfect case. Nothing seems specific. What are you using here? Like the option of a backpack. Any suggestions. The DJI site shows a non-specific hard shell on the bottom of the page. That seemed odd. They don't even seem to have a "specific" case which makes me prone to look around.

The Phantom 3 SE will fit into any backpack that a Phantom 3 Standard can fit into. You can find a list of commonly used backpacks here.

Last edited:
The day I bought my drone I didn’t feel like shelling out crazy additional money so I just got the basic polar pro trekker back pack. I have since taken it in the back pack on planes to Italy, Wisconsin, and Louisiana. It has held up great and nothing has gotten broken or hurt inside. It has just enough space for all you need. With that said, it is definitely worth the money and I recommend it to anyone wanting just a simple bag.

A huge plus it’s the exact demensionals of a personal item for most flights. 18hx14wx8d

The next one I get I do want a touch more room. Like a 16 width, once you close the bag it seems like its a little too tight.

Hi all,
I'm new in this community! I've bought an used Phantom 3 SE and it's amazing! However, there are some issues on which I'm experiencing some problems... like the case, for example.
I'm looking for a backpack/hardshell where P3SE can fit without problem. I've read some discussions about it... P3SE is not compatible with some accessories. In this case the drone (that it has the VPS) doesn't fit with in certain cases.
Could you give me some tips?
P.S.: I've bought removable prop guards, so I have to consider this aspect, too.

Many thanks!

I'm looking for a backpack/hardshell where P3SE can fit without problem.
You can find a list of commonly used cases/backpacks that can hold the P3SE here.

Reactions: RogueOne987
You can find a list of commonly used cases/backpacks that can hold the P3SE here.

Thanks, I've already analyzed that list. I've just bought a PolarPro DroneTrekker, it seems to be a versatile and high-quality solution. What do you think?

Last edited:
Thanks, I've already analyzed that list. I've just bought a PolarPro DroneTrekker, it seems to be a versatile and high-quality solution. What do you think?

I keep my Phantom 3 SE in a DroneTrekker bag. It easily fits my drone, my remote, 3 spare batteries, my Nikon D5600, 3 lenses, and my 15” MacBook Pro all in the main storage compartments. I’ve also got my props, all of my chargers, my lens cleaners, and my lens filters. And it still fits nicely on my back. Not too bulky. Never had any issue with anything getting damaged.

You’re trading some protection for extra storage, though. So you need to take care of the backpack and be sure not to toss it around or anything like that.

I’d definitely recommend this bag.

I. Have the PolarPro bag and love it. Plenty of room and pockets for extra blades, a tablet and SD cards.

The day I bought my drone I didn’t feel like shelling out crazy additional money so I just got the basic polar pro trekker back pack. I have since taken it in the back pack on planes to Italy, Wisconsin, and Louisiana. It has held up great and nothing has gotten broken or hurt inside. It has just enough space for all you need. With that said, it is definitely worth the money and I recommend it to anyone wanting just a simple bag.

A huge plus it’s the exact demensionals of a personal item for most flights. 18hx14wx8d

The next one I get I do want a touch more room. Like a 16 width, once you close the bag it seems like its a little too tight.
I looked at this Polar Pro Trekker Bag on Amazon.... VERY NICE!!! is it worth $119? I bought a Hul hard case and came in yesterday.... not happy with the construction and wanting a backpack now so I can strap it on my back and ride my Harley to some remote locations....

The other bag Im looking at.....uses the internal foam from the box... your thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J7UN1G8/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3O5E4BBXNRCFW&colid=BZPP92VT28WN&psc=0

Your honest feedback is appreciated.

I'm looking for a backpack/hardshell where P3SE can fit without problem. I've read some discussions about it... P3SE is not compatible with some accessories. In this case the drone (that it has the VPS) doesn't fit with in certain cases.
P.S.: I've bought removable prop guards, so I have to consider this aspect, too.
I bought this on Amazon for $39.99.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQVJ2JD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I had to spend 20 minutes with an xacto knife to make things fit well. You can't expect too much for that price. See my review on Amazon. Now everything fits really well.
There are open pockets on each side where I can put 2 prop guards in each pocket, but they feel like the want to pop out. I'll need to find a way to tie them down.

I just got my Polar Pro Trekker bag.... $119... yeah... worth it in my eyes. Fits my P3SE nicely with all adjustable padded dividers to make thing fit the way you want. 2 batteries with room for 4... battery charger and 4 port charger, controller, range extender, iPad Mini 4, usb cord and charger, prop guards, props, tool kit and room for a lot more.

I'm happy with it and comfortable to carry

Them backpack type drone bags sure get HOT and sweaty on your back in the summer time !...and your going to ride to a remote area to Fly....sounds like you need a Duel Sport Bike then you sure could do my serious distant trails and just be sure to have a GPS to allow you to find your way out after dark !

Better than dragging around a suitcase at double the weight! I don't plan on going to deep wilderness areas....but around here, my truck can get me where I need to be for the most part for offroading.

Been doing lots of reading for a month now here, so I figured it was time to bite the bullet, register and contribute something. :)

I got a P3se for Christmas and I spent hours looking at bags to keep it protected in storage and transit. I finally settled on the one below because it was $35 at Christmas time. It is intended for a Standard or Pro, and the transmitter for the 3se would not fit when I got it. I spent about 10 minutes with a razor blade and a utility knife and everything fits perfectly. The interior foam is all black as well, so unless you know I trimmed it or looked close, you'd never realize it. I trimmed it to fit the wifi antenna around the front left motor. For good measure I also trimmed the top/cover a bit because I wanted an area around the top of the antenna so it wouldn't get pushed down by the lid in case it wasn't aligned perfectly.

Edit: Also had to trim under the tablet holder a bit too, can see that in the picture where the bag is empty.

https://www.amazon.com/HOBBYTIGER-Backpack-Professional-Advanced-Carrying/dp/B0150WP7VY/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1515673253&sr=1-4&keywords=phantom+backpack

2018-01-02 16.35.25.jpg 2018-01-02 16.35.32.jpg 2018-01-02 16.35.37.jpg 2018-01-02 16.35.48.jpg

I have to wonder if it wouldn't work better if you inserted the controller differently. I have a similar backpack, and it's designed to hold the P3S the way you did it. That's because the mobile device clamp bends down to the bottom of the controller.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51jZPT0mN9L.jpg

But the P3A/P controller goes into the same slot differently by design. I think the P3 4K would fit in the same way. That's because the mobile device clamp bends to the front of the controller.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81kSjsbvqwL.jpg

Presumably the P3 SE would fit in like the others with the front fold-in mobile device clamp. That center antenna is the question mark...

The 3se ships with a tablet holder, and not the smaller mobile device holder. I know what you are saying, but in my case the transmitter antenna is too tall (where the 90* pivot is) to sit upright with enough clearance.

I use the Hul case, which is OK if you don't have to pack it a long way. I prefer it because I don't have to remove the blades and it holds everything, including four batteries, tablet, spare blades, yada, yada, yada. And the hard sides seem like cheap insurance.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I use the Hul case, which is OK if you don't have to pack it a long way. I prefer it because I don't have to remove the blades and it holds everything, including four batteries, tablet, spare blades, yada, yada, yada. And the hard sides seem like cheap insurance.
Yep........i love my HUL case too.i .....it sets right behind me strapped to my to the saddle bags and rear tour box on My BMW duel sport motorcycle...its built very nicely with abs panels and i would THINK after a while say....after....."many props on and off" that them plastic prop threads sure might get worn out after all its metal in to plastic tight loose tight loose ect !.....might get a few answers on that too !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik