Phantom 3 Propellers

But in tech specs Phantom 3 is 10 cm more bigger than phantom 2, in diagonal and with propellers....

No .. the P3 is the same size as the P2 but the landing gear is slightly taller and wider.
The confusion is because they have used measurements with and without props
The specs on www.dji.com say
P3
Diagonal size (including propellers)
689 mm

P2V+
Diagonal motor-motor distance
350mm

The props are the same size but I suspect that the P3's have different hubs to ensure they are not unscrewed with the dynamic braking used by their new ESCs.

Reactions: Birdu2
Meta 4, I have the Phantom 2 Vision, and the real size in diagonal with propellers are 59cm, I sized it yesterday.

You can see that the new phantom 3 size is 68,9cm, 10cm more big than the phantom 2.

Then, If the distance from motors are the same than previous Phantom, then the propellers must be bigger........ to reach at 68,9cm.

Here's a close up of the motor and hub assembly
upload_2015-4-9_10-41-19.png

We need a propellers photo, to see the number engraved in it. 9450 ? 9443 ?

Last edited:
The props on the demo units I saw at the event were 9450's. So they're the same.

Props are the same size - BUT the hubs are different so your old ones won't fit.

Would the model number on the props not be different if they were in fact different props with a different hub size?

But you can cut the foam inside the box, to adapt it to new phantom 3, the important is the main design be more o less the samen as phantom 2.

They also spec the nominal voltage of their 4S LiPo at 15.2v when the rest of the world uses 14.8v for a 4S.

Then, Can I use the Carbon Fiber reinforced propeller from DJI, with Phantom 3 ??? are compatible?? or must use a new type of propeller?

Then, Can I use the Carbon Fiber reinforced propeller from DJI, with Phantom 3 ??? are compatible?? or must use a new type of propeller?
As has been said 100 times - you have to use the P3 propellers not old P2 props
Just read a few posts back and you'd know that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31