Phantom 3 Propellers

While it doesn't matter to me which props the P3 uses, I don't see any evidence on the DJI site about different props or hubs or dynamic braking. Can I ask where this information is coming from - maybe from someone who beta'd the P3? Just wondering....

Reactions: landed
I should widen my horizons and look more often at the RCGroups forums! I'll check it out...

And might I ask what do they know that we don't? DJI has released no specs on the props or their hub size

And might I ask what do they know that we don't? DJI has released no specs on the props or their hub size

They have members who are DJI reps. or other ties to DJI.

Ok. Well I've asked TahoeEd and he has not confirmed one way or the other. Wait and see I guess

Blade and Tahoe have answered many different questions about the props and motors on RCG but lets sum things up as there is still some confusion. According to what we've heard from them and DJI HQ is that they will be the same size prop with a different hub as mentioned earlier in this thread. This different hub is needed due to the motor braking in these new motors. We will see a P3 specific prop set in early to mid May. Everyone be extra careful with the original props that come with your P3's as there may be a little lag time between first units going out and spares props and other accessories starting to ship. It's sounding like P2 Prop Guards will work just fine on the P3.

When DJI announced the Phantom 3 in NY last week, they said the motors and props were redesigned.

The props are the same size but I suspect that the P3's have different hubs to ensure they are not unscrewed with the dynamic braking used by their new ESCs.

I can't see them engineering a new kind of screw thread for this ? I would wager you can interchange props no problem the pitch may be different is all.

I can't see them engineering a new kind of screw thread for this ? I would wager you can interchange props no problem the pitch may be different is all.

Why are you arguing this?

This post is nearly nine months old and the prop [hub] differences confirmed.

there may be thread differences but threads have been around years not sure how you can make the thread work with some kind of breaking mechanism tbh. So you are not wrong in that the threads are different but I am saying that the breaking technology may be ignorant of the threads. It may be marketing overhype.

there may be thread differences but threads have been around years not sure how you can make the thread work with some kind of breaking mechanism tbh. So you are not wrong in that the threads are different but I am saying that the breaking technology may be ignorant of the threads. It may be marketing overhype.
Thankyou Landed for your contribution, commenting on a post from April when the P3 had just been announced and no-one had one in their hands.
Well now there are hundreds of thousands of P3s out there and everyone now knows that the props for the P3 are different.
They have a "composite hub" with nylon threads just as DJI announced back then rather than the metal threads of the P2 series.
And it's to have "stickier" threads to deal with dynamic braking that the P2s didn't have.
No .. it's not marketing hype at all.

Reactions: QaaUz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj