Phantom 3 Professional, No Telemetry or video downlink, tx led is green!! bird flies normally.

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
I have been pouring over forums trying to find a solution to my problem on this bird. My unit worked normally
when shut down. A couple of days later, I started it up only to find that I get no telemetry, information at all, IE battery level, flight mode, gps position, altitude, heading... nothing at all. All flight data in dji go and litichi show NA.
. This occurs on both my mobile device and my connected HDMI monitor which always worked independently of my phone. Dji go says my tx is connected and that I need to power on my bird. Well, my bird is powered on not only that it flashes green heartbeats, and flies perfectly (TX LED is green too), just no video or any telemetry to my phone. There is also no output to my monitor through my hdmi module. I tried swapping back to the stock usb module in case it was an issue with my hdmi unit, this changed nothing. led on the front of the gimbal flashes fast red, which nearest I can tell indicates an sd card fault, i have tried several sd cards, (all of which work in my computer and sd card adapter) formatting several times, I tried to do a forced firmware reload, it acts like it starts the process, except that it cant read the sd, (at the point where it would alternate red and green as it is reading the firmware, it just flashes red fast like it does all the time. I then constantly emits double beeps until I power it down. If I then remove the card to look for the result in the text file, there is no result file at all as if the drone read (and consequently wrote) nothing. DJI Go says I need a tx update, except that it says the downloaded update is the same version as the installed one. Just under that it says "hardware
failure return for service" From what I have been able to gather, the control of the bird is on 5.8 ghz and the downlinks are on 2.4 ghz. it's as if my downlink transmitter or receiver have failed, it seems like the problem is
on the bird end seeing that i have the strange red flashing led on the gimbal and it cant seem to read an sd card. (it cant take pictures either, though I have control of gimbal tilt.) the sd card always comes out of the bird empty no matter what you do, if you insert it with a firmware file on it, when you take it out of the bird and put it back in the computer, the only file there is the bin file that was there when you put it in the bird. It is almost like there is a dead reference voltage feed or something on the board that affects multiple systems. I dont know what "board" that would be since it seems there are 3 boards at work here. I'm not sure what board I would need to replace, if that is even the problem... Thank you in advance for any info offered.

My unit worked normally
when shut down. A couple of days later, I started it up only to find that I get no telemetry, information at all, IE battery level, flight mode, gps position, altitude, heading... nothing at all. All flight data in dji go and litichi show NA.

Perhaps check to see that your battery is fully inserted and also check the spring loaded data pins. One of those two has been the issue when some others have posted about no telemetry.

P3 Data Pins.JPG

Update, I found my problem, upon several hours of messing with stuff and observing, I on happenstance put my original usb board back in, but didn't screw it down, when the board moved, everything came back, my flex ribbon from the main board to the usb/hdmi board is going open on one circuit apparently. A very small movement of the usb board will cause the telemetry and video to drop out and come back. The connector tension feels tight, tried cleaning with contact cleaner on both ends of flex ribbon to no avail.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20