Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

I did all the steps and upgraded my drone but when I went to up grade my transmitter
And plug Ed in the usb nothing happened to it No flashing or blue light does this mean it's at the highest upgrade possible

You should have seen instructions that r/c updates through app.

Compression is done in h/w within the camera, you won't see any changes in that until the h/w is upgraded, maybe Phantom 4 with H.265 support.

It is very likely that within the hardware specs the compression and codec could be greatly improved. Especially in the way it handles sharpening and fine details like trees and grass. Just look at the gopro4 protune mode as an example. Also the 2.7k 48fps should not exceed the hardware bandwidth. These are free upgrades dji should offer, it would greatly increase the user base of their quads.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I haven't been able to find separate numbers for v2.4 but going from the numbers you submitted above, I'd say all that proves is that 60 out of 80 people that bothered to rate 2.4 are complainers.

With a user base in the hundreds of thousands, you cannot extrapolate from a sample size of 80 and a sampling method with a huge bias toward people who believe they have something to complain about.

You are way off in your claim.
Do you have any other data you can share? Select reviews for version 2.4 and you'll see approximately 60 out of 80 users that experienced problems. How is that not a representation of users having problems with updates? You are way off!

Do you have any other data you can share? Select reviews for version 2.4 and you'll see approximately 60 out of 80 users that experienced problems. How is that not a representation of users having problems with updates? You are way off!
I also like how you say people are "complainers" when they have issues. I guess you're one of those people that don't believe the problems exist unless they affect you directly. Do you honestly think people are just complaining for fun? No, they aren't. They're complaining because DJI's updates gave them problems. It's not rocket science when your drone works fine, you do an update, then it has problems....it's common sense that the update caused the problem.

Reactions: Skypicswa
If you think that is representative of anything, I don't think I can help you and I'm not going to waste my typing further.
But I was challenging your ridiculous assertion that most users have a problem updating firmware because nothing could be further from the truth and I didn't want to see it become another forum factoid, believed by unquestioning newbies.

If you think that is representative of anything, I don't think I can help you and I'm not going to wast my typing further.
But I was challenging your ridiculous assertion that most users have a problem updating firmware because nothing could be further from the truth and I didn't want to see it become another forum factoid, believed by unquestioning newbies.
It's a fact Meta4! I didn't make up the reviews on 2.4. Stop living in denial.

It's a fact Meta4! I didn't make up the reviews on 2.4. Stop living in denial.
In two years of reading thousands of posts from users here, I've picked up a pretty good feeling for what level of problems are encountered by users.
In 20 years as a working scientist I have a good understanding of statistics and know when figures are representative or not.
60 out of 80 an an app review !!!
You really have no idea at all and are so far away from getting close to the truth.

I did SW and FW upgrades. All went very smoothly.

I also noticed others have problems upgrading their devices and app. Reason is very clear. If you know how to do it, it's very easy, if you don't then you get nervous to see things not working as expected and scared to lose your investment.

The only way to make all learn is through clear documentation and announcements/ releases. DJI lacks these aspects which is a very usual case if techies are handling such things. For them it's just a cake walk. I believe DJI needs to improve documentation and communication to earn good name. Just making a good product will not help as others will keep crying. I have been in the industry for 40 plus years and know exactly how to do it. When I installed new FW on my aircraft, I published steps to do. Read them, you will find them so easy to follow and are based on what users will see and listen.

Meta4 is correct in his way and Poundofnuts too correct in his perspective. We need to see how to meet both the ends amicably.

See how steps should be written in layman's language:

My FW installation procedure:
1. Get a clean SD Card and copy bin file for the FW update
2. Plug it into Gimbal slot and start P3
3. Gimbal starts making noise, small LED on Gimbal blinks green red
4. Lights will keep changing pattern
5. At one time, all lights will be off for about 5 minutes, Gimbal continues making noise
6. Lights come back, Gimbal continues making noise
7. At about end of 10 minutes, Gimbal small LED Turns solid Green, Gimbal continues making noise
8. Stop P3
9. Turn on P3 Again
10. Start RC and App and check the Aircraft Status: It shows 1.5.30

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I think users should post here more flight experience with this fw....

I really don`t care about "update" app.....still use 1.1.1. on my tablet and 2.0.1 on my phone.....and it works!
Im more concerned about stability and solving "drifting" issues of 1.4...

Also, in my experience (Android), 95% of the problems are related to phone/tablet, and that stupid "Google Services Play" updating....so ii know already how to handle it...

More feedback on 1.5 gentleman.
My P3A was delivered today to UPS ....maybe more 3 days to have my bird and enjoy it!

In two years of reading thousands of posts from users here, I've picked up a pretty good feeling for what level of problems are encountered by users.
In 20 years as a working scientist I have a good understanding of statistics and know when figures are representative or not.
60 out of 80 an an app review !!!
You really have no idea at all and are so far away from getting close to the truth.
As a software engineer that builds and test software for a living, I can tell you DJI updates have issues. 80% of the reviews back up my statement. DJI techs have also backed up my statement. Why do you think people suddenly have issues after updates? Tell me. Drifting after 1.4 update....please elaborate. Signal loss after updates....please elaborate. Drifting is supposed to be fixed with 1.5.3, please elaborate as to how it became a problem in the first place. Oh wait, that's right. The 1.4 update caused the problems.

Reactions: Skypicswa
3% Streve, you need to chill out man. Why do you have to go around insulting everyone, every chance you get? You constantly but heads with other members of the forum and blame their problems on user error. I've got news for you buddy, DJI is not perfect and neither are their firmware updates....by their own admission, so layoff the insults because nobody likes an *******. The fact that you haven't apologized to Wilfros, and actually doubt his statement about having terminal cancer, makes me wonder how you wake up everyday and live with yourself. That's sad man.

Wilfros, don't take anything Streve says personal, most Phantom owners experience issues with DJI updates. DJI is the only company I know that breaks their own product functionality on a consistent basis, by releasing firmware updates that haven't been thoroughly tested.

Seriously Streve, just chill out with the insults and focus on helping others instead of hurting others.
Thank you so very much for this post. It is appreciated, support always is. The love I have for this hobby rests in my ability to have someone drive me where I wish to go and just fly from the back of the van. NO Walking, They say I should be able to continue like this into the spring or maybe even the summer if I am very lucky. With this Quad I get the fun of flying and then the thrill of processing the photos. BEATS THE HELL OUT OF SITTING AT HOME doing nothing. That will come soon enough I fear. Again Poundofnuts that was a nice post and I thank you.

It's a great hobby and can be complex and frustrating sometimes when things go wrong, but wouldn't it be boring if nothing went wrong if we didn't have to tweak settings etc. It is what it is and I can't fly or play as often as I would like. At the end of the day if you are so stressed or don't want to tweak and share good or bad experiences this hobby may not be for you ! Perhaps try yoga or some kind of needlework far less complex, cheaper and may help with your anger and stress issues which seem to be evident!

Reactions: rowdyjim
This update seems to be taking a long time to complete, anyone else experience that? I'm at almost 30 minutes, is that normal?

Usually takes less 24 minutes..

I even read reports of 10 minutes...

Solid green? Its ok!

.............. When I installed new FW on my aircraft, I published steps to do. Read them, you will find them so easy to follow and are based on what users will see and listen.

See how steps should be written in layman's language:

My FW installation procedure:
1. Get a clean SD Card and copy bin file for the FW update
2. Plug it into Gimbal slot and start P3
3. Gimbal starts making noise, small LED on Gimbal blinks green red
4. Lights will keep changing pattern
5. At one time, all lights will be off for about 5 minutes, Gimbal continues making noise
6. Lights come back, Gimbal continues making noise
7. At about end of 10 minutes, Gimbal small LED Turns solid Green, Gimbal continues making noise
8. Stop P3
9. Turn on P3 Again
10. Start RC and App and check the Aircraft Status: It shows 1.5.30
Even after your precise instructions above, there will still be that small percentage of users who botch it. I see your patience is already wearing a little thin, by having to post those instructions more than a few times already on the forums. You really haven't seen anything yet! :D

Soooo...upgraded firmware on drone and rc, flying was great. However it kept saying invalid SD card with multiple SD cards, then power cycled and now all seems to be fine. I guess we will see.

In other news...I was showing someone else the drone and hit the go home button to show then the feature and the entire button fell into the remote. Still works but is like not attached. Anyone have any ideas how to fix? Or should I just return the remote? I have not had good luck, this is my 3rd p3p in 16 days.

Dose this firmware update have a rc update to? P3p updated fine but when plugging sd card in rc no blue light or up grade

My RC would not update from card either but if you have IOS click on main status screen top middle then upgrade RC / download and it will take just a few minutes. Flew mine after upgrading everything all was good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT