Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

... and what is the topic ???
I know your trying to be funny but c'mon man, your making me wear out the delete button.
Last chance here, this has gotten old fast.

Reactions: dirkclod
Talk about frustration. Still no update that works for me. Bummer.
I can only hope they have them files somehow reversed, I am going to try loading the Advanced firmware on my Professional.
What else can I do?

RedHotPoker

I can only hope they have them files somehow reversed, I am going to try loading the Advanced firmware on my Professional.
What else can I do?

RedHotPoker
Buy a Standard ;)

Reactions: Mike Drone7
I'm glad my pro has 2.7 k resolution now. This is the update I've been waiting for . Right now it's only for Android but you ios guys should be getting it soon too!

Reactions: skyhighdiver
What else can I do?

RedHotPoker
This is the first difficulty u have had, right?

Sent from my PT beating heart

What else can I do?

RedHotPoker
What are you saying???? You have always told me it is pilot error or no one else has this problem!!!! Please, go back and read your responses to my problems updating!!!

Sent from my PT beating heart[/QUOTE]

What else can I do?

RedHotPoker
Not that, unless my advanced is now a professional!

Painless update, which was my first time doing one btw. Deleted all video files off my sd card, dropped the bin file on it, put it in the phantom, turned it on, took under ten minutes to finish, powered off the phantom, took the sd card out and deleted bin file and put it back in the phantom, powered on, formatted the card, checked some settings that do need resetting back to my custom settings, all good. Did a flight, all great. Did not update the go app nor the rc update from a few weeks back.
Shockwave, did the FW update take care of your drifting? My update went as smooth as silk. The weather here is crap though so I didn't get a chance for a test flight and the next few days aren't looking good either.

I too had drifting problem with my P3A, have installed new FW but didn't get chance to try it in windy condition yet.

Ok seriously what is the point of adding 2.7k to the Pro without adding increased framerates to go with it? If the camera can handle 4k/30fps it can definitely handle 2.7k/48fps. Not impressed.

Has anyone had a chance to record yet and see if we got any compression improvements or added bit rate performance?

Shockwave, did the FW update take care of your drifting? My update went as smooth as silk. The weather here is crap though so I didn't get a chance for a test flight and the next few days aren't looking good either.
I had about 5mph winds when I checked it, not exactly windy enough to really put it to a good test. Although I did head up 200'and I'm sure it was more windy up there. All was perfect. I had the drifting so badly that it would actually fly like I was inputting roll, when winds were even 10mph. I also had a thing where if I ascended from 100' up higher it would actually add some yaw into it too. That seems to have ended too since updating earlier today. I haven't done an imu calibration and don't plan to. I was gonna do a compass calibration but I was in a parking lot and didn't want to do it there. So far so great. When I see it doing better in more winds, I'll be happy. I have read at least one person say their drifting has been cured now. Expecting the same here.

I had about 5mph winds when I checked it, not exactly windy enough to really put it to a good test. Although I did head up 200'and I'm sure it was more windy up there. All was perfect. I had the drifting so badly that it would actually fly like I was inputting roll, when winds were even 10mph. I also had a thing where if I ascended from 100' up higher it would actually add some yaw into it too. That seems to have ended too since updating earlier today. I haven't done an imu calibration and don't plan to. I was gonna do a compass calibration but I was in a parking lot and didn't want to do it there. So far so great. When I see it doing better in more winds, I'll be happy. I have read at least one person say their drifting has been cured now. Expecting the same here.
Excellent! That's what I was hoping to hear. My P3A would drift with zero wind. In order to fly straight sometimes I would have to constantly correct with the left stick, reminds me of flying my heli's but shouldn't have to do this with the P3.

All updated firmware, Go app. IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, RC stick calibration and compass calibration. Test flight with two batteries, range, video feed, way points, follow me and POI all worked great... Flawless! Also still have 32 channel.

Excellent! That's what I was hoping to hear. My P3A would drift with zero wind. In order to fly straight sometimes I would have to constantly correct with the left stick, reminds me of flying my heli's but shouldn't have to do this with the P3.
I just tested mine in 20+ MPH wind and stayed steady on my P3P, but I haven't had that issue with the previous firmware.

My two cents: I was going to wait until enough people said the update actually worked before installing it, but today my Phantom wouldn't connect and told me it needed an upgrade. I grit my teeth and did it by the book, calibrated my IMU(for the first time), and then my compass in a place it has always worked, and took it for one of my longest flights ever. Worked like a charm.

Should you always do an IMU calibration and compass calibration after doing a firmware update?
I check if IMU calibration is needed before doing it. I do compass calibration at site if it's location is different than of last flying.

Reactions: Dome
Ok since I'm on 1.4 I might try both things you said & will let you know outcome, my no signal issue goes something like this
It was after work & dark & breezy but I'm sure you'll get the picture, ps not looking for YT views & will delete vid shortly

Hi Ptr,
i had the exact same issue, even worse than yours, much worse.. i managed to fix this ugly video feed by removing ENTIRELY the app from my phone (folders and sub folders, cache ...). download the app from dji web site and reinstall it. you should give it a try.
On the other hand, i still have a really really poor radio transmission, there are some places where i cant even take off. all those issues came right after the 1.4 update, my P3P was doing perfectly in 1.3.2.

hope that will help you.

Reactions: Ptr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94