Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

I have it donwload from DJI....but didn`t understand the issue on this tread....what exactly they are talking about?

I have it donwload from DJI....but didn`t understand the issue on this tread....what exactly they are talking about?

Mostly people are complaining about how DJI is doing what the government asks them to when it comes to limiting where the aircraft can fly, how someone didn't spell something correctly, how someone's grammar isn't 100% correct, how they believe DJI is becoming a government puppet..... blah blah blah......

There is very little talk about the new features, glitches fixed, connectivity issues resolved, or helping others fly better/safer.

Were you able to download the firmware this morning or did you grab it yesterday? Have you installed it yet? If so, any new issues or did it fix any old issues you might have been experiencing?

Reactions: Fast13
DJI's site has now a new facelift, but no new firmware .... mhhhh :fearscream:

Interesting strategy...release new firmware for a few hours and get a whole group of new Beta Testers before actual release, just in case...

Interesting strategy...release new firmware for a few hours and get a whole group of new Beta Testers before actual release, just in case...
Nahhh... too sophisticated strategy ... It was just a web guy mistake ...

Whoever is closest to dji's server will receive the updated dji.com page 1st. The farther away you are, the later it will be until you see it. Pay attention to the member's location that say they downloaded the update, because they will always get the updated info before others unless dji changes their host location.

Whoever is closest to dji's server will receive the updated dji.com page 1st. The farther away you are, the later it will be until you see it. Pay attention to the member's location that say they downloaded the update, because they will always get the updated info before others unless dji changes their host location.
Internet is not that slow. Once new SW is released, it will spread to all servers in a matter of few minutes.

Free beta testing comes when say the GO app is released to google and apple before the actual download is put on the dji website.

I have seen changes made to both firmware and the app from the time we finished beta testing to the time it becomes published to the public.

Free beta testing comes when say the GO app is released to google and apple before the actual download is put on the dji website.

I have seen changes made to both firmware and the app from the time we finished beta testing to the time it becomes published to the public.
Who are the beta testers and what risk do they take during beta testing?

You guys want the file? I did only download for Advanced...but i can share it.
Yesterday was available on DJI site....thats were i download it....

I can try bacause mine is on Germany for repair....just today i receive email confirming reception...

Well it wasn't painful at all. I downloaded the new firmware using the links found in this thread and everything went just fine. First off, after firmware update I performed calibrations on ALL of my stuff. I performed a RC calibration (yes, I know, there wasn't a firmware update for the RC. But guess what, I did it anyway). Then I leveled my IMU stand and performed a IMU calibration (after the IMU warned up as if I was about to fly) then I did a camera calibration. Turned everything off, went outside and performed a compass calibration. I did not recycle power after the compass calibration.

Took off and did some basic maneuvers. Flew forward, side to side, backwards. Aircraft continued to hold position, wind was blowing about 10 mph from right front to left rear, so a right quartering wind. Aircraft continued to hold position but it was really working to do it but that was expected. Aircraft flew in the correct direction when I pushed the joysticks, which fixes a problem I have been experiencing lately.

I did not mess around with anything else or look at anything else or explore anything else. Maybe when I have more time and a less windy location I will be able to look around the app some more.

Reactions: Buckaye
Well it wasn't painful at all. I downloaded the new firmware using the links found in this thread and everything went just fine. First off, after firmware update I performed calibrations on ALL of my stuff. I performed a RC calibration (yes, I know, there wasn't a firmware update for the RC. But guess what, I did it anyway). Then I leveled my IMU stand and performed a IMU calibration (after the IMU warned up as if I was about to fly) then I did a camera calibration. Turned everything off, went outside and performed a compass calibration. I did not recycle power after the compass calibration.

Took off and did some basic maneuvers. Flew forward, side to side, backwards. Aircraft continued to hold position, wind was blowing about 10 mph from right front to left rear, so a right quartering wind. Aircraft continued to hold position but it was really working to do it but that was expected. Aircraft flew in the correct direction when I pushed the joysticks, which fixes a problem I have been experiencing lately.

I did not mess around with anything else or look at anything else or explore anything else. Maybe when I have more time and a less windy location I will be able to look around the app some more.

Drifting problem solved.....so thats confirmed the rumours from beta testers!

Great news!!

Reactions: Suspended Moments
Who are the beta testers and what risk do they take during beta testing?
Myself and Frank are the only testers I know of that are here. I'm sure there are others. We fly untested FW and apps to make sure they work properly before they get to you. Its entirely possible to have a catastrophic crash while testing. Especially when testing newly added features. Your welcome!

There is another user, from Italy i think that notice before me the "drifting" issues of 1.4.
Also did open a tread about it on official DJI forum...

StevenQX its is name.

How long does it take for the bird to update this one?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20