Phantom 3 Professional: Arrived / Gimbal Guard Intact!! (Clips Missing!?)

Reaction score
So, my P3P just arrived at my house. I just unboxed it. Everything was in GREAT shape as far as I can tell. Gimbal Guard was in place, the foam clip on the back was in place. All was well! Charging the battery now as I type so that I can upgrade firmware.

I did see something a little different. Would like to know if this was normal. Some of the "clips" in the little white balls on the bottom of the gimbal seemed to be missing. I notice that I had clips on the Front Left and Back Right of the gimbal, but the other two were missing. Anyone else see this. I have spares, just wondering if that was how they shipped it. I looked in the box and did not see any additional clips laying in the bottom. So, I assume that this is normal.

I posted pictures of the unboxing. Notice the gimbal in place, but also notice the little clips missing. Thoughts?

5AByFOU.jpg

Yeah that's kinda crucial. Tell DJI, I wouldn't fly without that.

That's the way they ship it. There are two more clips in the box. Use them if you want.

Only 2 is needed and they must be installed diagonally from each other.

These are called anti-drop pins. Ideally they are used so the camera+gimbal does not come loose during flight (rarely unless you hit a branch or something)..
They are however horrible in a crash. In the PV2P v2, the inertia/whiplash from a crash would cause the camera lens component to separate from the gimbal and ultimately tear the irreplaceable ribbon cable.

I will be replacing the one on the P3 with a loose cable tie.

There are a few other threads on this. Only 2 are needed. There are 2 extras.

Only 2 is needed and they must be installed diagonally from each other.

These are called anti-drop pins. Ideally they are used so the camera+gimbal does not come loose during flight (rarely unless you hit a branch or something)..
They are however horrible in a crash. In the PV2P v2, the inertia/whiplash from a crash would cause the camera lens component to separate and ultimately tear the irreplaceable ribbon cable.

I will be replacing the one on the P3 with a loose cable tie.

Yeah, on my old Phantom 2 I had a cable tie through one of them. I might just do all of them with a cable tie. Makes sense.

My bad, I was confusing it with the P2 which I actually dismantled and used all 4 for. Why is that wrong?

My bad, I was confusing it with the P2 which I actually dismantled and used all 4 for. Why is that wrong?

Yeah, I was watching the video of the guy who did the firmware update. Noticed that his copter had the same 2 clips. The others were missing. So, I feel pretty happy. My gimbal guard was intact and the foam on the back was in place upon delivery. Just updated the firmware fresh out of the box on the copter. Took 5 minutes! So easy! Doing the controller in just a few more minutes. Will let you know how it goes.

So, my P3P just arrived at my house. I just unboxed it. Everything was in GREAT shape as far as I can tell. Gimbal Guard was in place, the foam clip on the back was in place. All was well! Charging the battery now as I type so that I can upgrade firmware.

I did see something a little different. Would like to know if this was normal. Some of the "clips" in the little white balls on the bottom of the gimbal seemed to be missing. I notice that I had clips on the Front Left and Back Right of the gimbal, but the other two were missing. Anyone else see this. I have spares, just wondering if that was how they shipped it. I looked in the box and did not see any additional clips laying in the bottom. So, I assume that this is normal.

I posted pictures of the unboxing. Notice the gimbal in place, but also notice the little clips missing. Thoughts?

5AByFOU.jpg
There is only supposed to be two in place. I think the manual says that. Both my phantoms are like that. They don't actually hold anything in place, they are there for security just in case it comes loose from the white rubber things.

Yeah I have figured that out now. I read the manual and did not see a reference to what you said. I will read it again because now I'm curious!

Referring to the photo in the first post, the gimbal guard is not installed fully. There is a small tab on the guard that needs to fit tightly into a groove on the gimbal base. The camera should have only minimal movement when this guard is in place properly.

GimbleGuard.jpg

Hope that helps someone,
Chris

Yep. I figured that out as well. I was nervous about pushing it in further. It moved when I transported from the study into my living room. You have to give it some good pressure to get it to go into that slot. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic