phantom 3 pro solid red lights when turned on

Reaction score
hopefully someone can help. after crash checked aircraft everything was fine except crack on one arm. controller, aircraft and app all linked up and was working fine,
after replacing the body shell and triple checking all cables were put back correctly. upon turning everything on. First thing I noticed was the battery in the app showed 0% and was lit up red. showed nothing in app just red for all cells. without sd in camera the aircraft started normally with the flashing lights but the app would never allow the craft ready for take off because of the battery. Tried 3 batteries. I tried to reinstall the latest firmware again. Upon start up it started its normal beeping for about 30 sec then went to a constant beep and all lights on craft and gimbal were constant red. Let it run for about 5 min but was scared I might damage the camera. Tried relinking and doing this a few more times. Now the craft goes constant red after initial start up with a blank sd card or none at all. The first couple fails just said to reboot.
PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP.

Sounds like the data connection to the battery isnt connected/working properly. Double check the two smaller connections are making proper connection to the battery and that they are properly connected to the mainboard.

hopefully someone can help. after crash checked aircraft everything was fine except crack on one arm. controller, aircraft and app all linked up and was working fine,
after replacing the body shell and triple checking all cables were put back correctly. upon turning everything on. First thing I noticed was the battery in the app showed 0% and was lit up red. showed nothing in app just red for all cells. without sd in camera the aircraft started normally with the flashing lights but the app would never allow the craft ready for take off because of the battery. Tried 3 batteries. I tried to reinstall the latest firmware again. Upon start up it started its normal beeping for about 30 sec then went to a constant beep and all lights on craft and gimbal were constant red. Let it run for about 5 min but was scared I might damage the camera. Tried relinking and doing this a few more times. Now the craft goes constant red after initial start up with a blank sd card or none at all. The first couple fails just said to reboot.
PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP.
Welcome to the forum!

I agree with @3rdof5 and if it were mine I would also start my troubleshooting with what he noted. That has been the problem in the past when people mention no battery reading after replacing the shell.

Check out this post for a photo.

In the app does it say new firmware required again,,did the "about" in settings accept new firmware,on checking for updates are there any ???.also in warnings clear all in case it's causing that batt issue,,even though batt has error do phantom rear LEDs display any colour flash,,?.almost reads like you bricked it somehow,,

In the app does it say new firmware required again,,did the "about" in settings accept new firmware,on checking for updates are there any ???.also in warnings clear all in case it's causing that batt issue,,even though batt has error do phantom rear LEDs display any colour flash,,?.almost reads like you bricked it somehow,,
Try also manual reset for remote

I'm thinking now about checking firmware again might be mismatch,,when on home screen press 3 black lines at top right to see if it gives you a option to change it

I have checked on the board it seems good, but when I put the battery terminal in the new shell I was having problems keeping it plumb as to match the battery. I kept realigning so it would screw in strait. ( worst part of putting it back together. )Possibly Jared the cable on the terminal end. When the aircraft starts does the normal flashes and sounds. Within 15 sec all 4 lights go solid red. Can't get any info on batts from the app because I don't think it registers that there's even one in there.

I have checked on the board it seems good, but when I put the battery terminal in the new shell I was having problems keeping it plumb as to match the battery. I kept realigning so it would screw in strait. ( worst part of putting it back together. )Possibly Jared the cable on the terminal end. When the aircraft starts does the normal flashes and sounds. Within 15 sec all 4 lights go solid red. Can't get any info on batts from the app because I don't think it registers that there's even one in there.
How did you try relink,,,,try rhis method....can also try un link it just by pressing link button on its own,,that will unlink the aircraft,,,,then relink it see if that works....what happens when you turn on rc and AC with no app,,will it start???
Screenshot_20190219-121225.jpg

Definitely sounds like a data connection issue with the battery due to the shell change. I can't verify what the P3 will do with no battery data but able to power up, but solid red lights indicate a critical error and Id guess no battery data would qualify as that.

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP.
I will double check. I did notice it was difficult to keep the battery terminal plumb when installing in new shell and had to keep realigning. Seemed the 2 pins on the bottom are set back a little farther than another p3p I have
Definitely sounds like a data connection issue with the battery due to the shell change. I can't verify what the P3 will do with no battery data but able to power up, but solid red lights indicate a critical error and Id guess no battery data would qualify as that.
Checked data cable from board to terminal all good. After powering on and off a few times got normal flashing of lights. A constant double beep when an empty sd card is installed in gimbal and still shows 0% and triangle in red in the battery on app.

I will double check. I did notice it was difficult to keep the battery terminal plumb when installing in new shell and had to keep realigning. Seemed the 2 pins on the bottom are set back a little farther than another p3p I have

Checked data cable from board to terminal all good. After powering on and off a few times got normal flashing of lights. A constant double beep when an empty sd card is installed in gimbal and still shows 0% and triangle in red in the battery on app.
wow bit of a head mystery. Um what happens on press of button for 5 seconds, how many lights come up,,just curious, that tests batt for good cells,like 5 exellent 4 getting down 3 tired 2 buy new batt,,,but in saying that I not think that the fault,,,,show some pictures so we can see what up,,without batt and with batt in,any burn mark on batt to say I it bad contact....have you tryed another device to eliminate yours not at fault

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan