Phantom 3 Pro Remote Dead. Tried all the tricks .. please help.

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 3 pro 3 years ago. I used it dozen times, no major accidents and never dropped the remote. It was stored since in its original box. Last week I came around to setting it up again. The remote charged and switched on, the battery died quite fast, I charged it again and then NOTHING. I bought a replacement battery, switched it out and NOTHING.
Can someone help please.

I bought a Phantom 3 pro 3 years ago. I used it dozen times, no major accidents and never dropped the remote. It was stored since in its original box. Last week I came around to setting it up again. The remote charged and switched on, the battery died quite fast, I charged it again and then NOTHING. I bought a replacement battery, switched it out and NOTHING.
Can someone help please.
What happens when you attach the charger? Anything light up? Let's eliminate a defective charger first. I would start by testing the charger.

What happens when you attach the charger? Anything light up? Let's eliminate a defective charger first. I would start by testing the charger.
No... nothing lights up. However it works with the drone battery. Also the circuit of the remote, battery and charger warm up slightly when Plugged in for an extended period of time.

No... nothing lights up. However it works with the drone battery. Also the circuit of the remote, battery and charger warm up slightly when Plugged in for an extended period of time.
If the charger works on the battery, you can eliminate the charger. I don't recall the wiring from that charging port to the battery, but my guess is there's a circuit board of some sort that has gone bad. You may need to invest in a new controller.

And if you can, attach a volt meter to the charger pin to be sure it's not somehow putting out too much power that may have fried the controller. Wish I could be more help.

If the charger works on the battery, you can eliminate the charger. I don't recall the wiring from that charging port to the battery, but my guess is there's a circuit board of some sort that has gone bad. You may need to invest in a new controller.

And if you can, attach a volt meter to the charger pin to be sure it's not somehow putting out too much power that may have fried the controller. Wish I could be more help.
Thank you for the help. Last question: with the volt meter from the charger what charge shoudl i be looking at to not burn out the controller?

Can someone help please.
battery toast for sure no a question. also probably will not have video on the screen that happens to p3ps. search no image transmission.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl