Phantom 3 Pro- POI Shot

Reaction score
Loving the new Features on the Phantom 3 went out and tested the POI on the Utah State Capitol Building
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

also Tested the waypoints and POI in another video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice videos - thanks for sharing! Did you have any problems flying that close to the capitol building or get any special permission?
No I didnt have any problems. I did not get any special permission, I had just seen other videos of the Capitol Building so I thought I would try it, I just made sure I went on Labor day so that there wouldnt be any big crowds there so I wouldnt disturb anyone

That's a good idea to go on a holiday. I'd love to do similar shots in San Diego but I wouldn't want to run into any trouble. Glad to hear it went fine for you!

That's a good idea to go on a holiday. I'd love to do similar shots in San Diego but I wouldn't want to run into any trouble. Glad to hear it went fine for you!
Well if you end up trying it hopefully everything goes good!

I've filmed there a few times without issue. However, I don't thing anyone in charge saw me any of those times. They should not have any issues filming a Capitol Building. No different then standing outside and taking photos.

I've filmed there a few times without issue. However, I don't thing anyone in charge saw me any of those times. They should not have any issues filming a Capitol Building. No different then standing outside and taking photos.

I'd make the same arguments but read somewhere in regards to FAA guidelines that government buildings are a no-no along with certain sensitive utilities plants, military installations, etc. I get that a flying drone over these properties could cause more concern than a photographer across the street but it's one of those murky areas at the moment where no one really seems to have a clear cut answer. I'd take the standard precaution of using common sense but just because I exercise common sense doesn't mean the minimum wage security guard will!

Reactions: unclejas
I'd make the same arguments but read somewhere in regards to FAA guidelines that government buildings are a no-no along with certain sensitive utilities plants, military installations, etc. I get that a flying drone over these properties could cause more concern than a photographer across the street but it's one of those murky areas at the moment where no one really seems to have a clear cut answer. I'd take the standard precaution of using common sense but just because I exercise common sense doesn't mean the minimum wage security guard will!
I've seen police state that it's illegal to take photos of a federal or state building. It's simply not true. At least in the case of the Capitol Building in Salt lake City, it's a very well kept area with a nice circle walk around the grounds. It also has some great murals on the inside. People take photos in and around it all of the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers