Phantom 3 Pro Gimble Shake?

When I hold the P3 by the legs and rotate to one side, the gimbal starts to pulsate or vibrate. I tried a gimbal calibration but that doesn't do anything. So does this mean turn it in? Sucks, getting ready to fly off to Hawaii.
the thing is, when you tilt it to extreme angles a little vibration is normal because the gimbal is in its limits, its not realistic. BUt when it starts to vibrate in normal angles something is wrong.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I sent my new P3P back last week via Amazon for the same reason, ordered a new one from a different company via Amazon should be here Wednesday. On the first one the box was beat up bad and gimbal lock had fallen off.

the thing is, when you tilt it to extreme angles a little vibration is normal because the gimbal is in its limits, its not realistic. BUt when it starts to vibrate in normal angles something is wrong.

I did some video testing, not much, but some. When flying I didn't notice any jello affect going on so you may be correct on this. when I hold the phantom and turn it to the right, the gimbal vibrates a lot, sometimes really bad. I didn't notice anything weird when flying it thought so I think you may be correct on this. Thanks everyone for piping in.

Bad gimbal or needs adjustment.
Is there any kind of diy "adjustment" that can be made here when you say "needs adjustment"?

As I'm sure you know by now, I have the same pulsing gimbal problem and need to send it in to dji for what I assume will be for 8 weeks. I'm just trying to somehow finish off my vacation with some decent non-oscillating footage......

The shaft set screw is tight. Seems the vibration and pulsing is coming from the top motor on the gimbal plate.

Is there any kind of diy "adjustment" that can be made here when you say "needs adjustment"?

As I'm sure you know by now, I have the same pulsing gimbal problem and need to send it in to dji for what I assume will be for 8 weeks. I'm just trying to somehow finish off my vacation with some decent non-oscillating footage......

The shaft set screw is tight. Seems the vibration and pulsing is coming from the top motor on the gimbal plate.
I was wrong here, as i discovered later that they replaced the whole gimbal, they did not repaired or adjusted it. The bad thing is that the new gimbal shows jello as well so i sended it back for a 3rd RMA with the advice to replace the whole Phantom3

I was wrong here, as i discovered later that they replaced the whole gimbal, they did not repaired or adjusted it. The bad thing is that the new gimbal shows jello as well so i sended it back for a 3rd RMA with the advice to replace the whole Phantom3
When did you send it back? Did you get a new one back yet? DJI LA received my unit on July 14 and it hasn't even been checked in yet!!!

This thing sure was fun while it worked but what I'm going through now is quite ridiculous. We can only hope that some other players in this market can soonprovide better value, quality, and support than DJI so this nonsense stops.

When did you send it back? Did you get a new one back yet? DJI LA received my unit on July 14 and it hasn't even been checked in yet!!!

This thing sure was fun while it worked but what I'm going through now is quite ridiculous. We can only hope that some other players in this market can soonprovide better value, quality, and support than DJI so this nonsense stops.
I got an UPS notification for the first time that it will arrive today, must be here in an hour. This is the first time i got an email status during 3RMAs but its from UPS directly, not from DJI. Im really excited and scared togehter now because i expect to get an unrepaired P3 back or a new one with the same jello problems. Thats why im shaking now, if i get a good one i will sell it and use my P2 H3-3D. I think i cant trust this thing. to many stories of broken gimbals after 10 flights etc.. 3DR on the other hand has also huge problems, it seems the good old P2 with analog FPV is the best platform at the moment.

same thing here, after the required update..the camera and gimbal would shake continuously
and the video feed on the Pilot app would record this. Trying to send it back..bought online :(
wish me luck

I got an UPS notification for the first time that it will arrive today, must be here in an hour. This is the first time i got an email status during 3RMAs but its from UPS directly, not from DJI. Im really excited and scared togehter now because i expect to get an unrepaired P3 back or a new one with the same jello problems. Thats why im shaking now, if i get a good one i will sell it and use my P2 H3-3D. I think i cant trust this thing. to many stories of broken gimbals after 10 flights etc.. 3DR on the other hand has also huge problems, it seems the good old P2 with analog FPV is the best platform at the moment.
How did things work out for you? Is everything properly fixed now?

How did things work out for you? Is everything properly fixed now?
they swapped the Phantom3 this time and again the gimbal and it works now without jello even in bright sunlight and high shutterspeeds. Only downside is that the phantom3 i got is cosmetically not like my old brand new one was, this one looks a bit older and more used.

I've managed to fix periodic vibration/buzz of gimbal/camera when it is pointed forward after a lot of research.
It was caused because ribbon cable that came out of camera slightly touches gimbal (I could hear it when I tilt camera by hand when drone is turned off) - I reassembled camera, trying to lay down that ribbon cable and board that holds that cable as far as I can away from gimbal (care not to broke it, actually I added tiny washer under board to straighten ribbon cable as it go to it's connector) - and now if I am trying to tilt camera I hear no any noise - and vibrations are gone completely.

Reactions: RonsPlc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers