Phantom 3 Pro Gimble Shake?

Reaction score
I notice that when my Phantom 3 is hovering there is visable chatter on the gimble... you can literally see the camera shaking... once the unit is in motion everything smooths out, but in hover you can see a lot of chatter from the gimble... bird has never been wrecked, props are perfect... ideas? Have new firmware...

Reactions: skyhighdiver
What does the video look like? Is it shaking?
The gimbal in action does move to keep the image smooth.
It's not clear if what you are seeing is normal or a problem.

When the drone is in hover the gimble and camera visably shake... footage shows shaking as wel... when unit is in flight everything smooths out...

Not really, Does not shake at all, See video

Try changing the White vibration dampers

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My first P3 camera was loose on its servo, causing it to shake when pointed straight out. Didn't want to take apart a new bird so I sent it back for replacement.

Phantom gimbal shake:

I notice that when my Phantom 3 is hovering there is visable chatter on the gimble... you can literally see the camera shaking... once the unit is in motion everything smooths out, but in hover you can see a lot of chatter from the gimble... bird has never been wrecked, props are perfect... ideas? Have new firmware...
I had the same issue gott rma# and sent back yesterday here are a few shots to compare for you as to what mine did

Have you checked the balance of the props? If one is not balanced, you can get a shake at certain rpm's.

I had the same issue gott rma# and sent back yesterday here are a few shots to compare for you as to what mine did
Your video looks a lot better than mine did. Here is a video from the shaking:

Give it a sec, I'm uploading

I know mine was a loose screw on the camera mount to servo shaft because I may or may not have taken it apart to investigate before sending it back.

Here is an example... when the bird is in hover you can see the tombstones shaking as the gimble rattles... once the move starts everything smooths out...

directv-creepy-rob-lowe-ss-03.jpg

lol. :D

Have you checked the balance of the props? If one is not balanced, you can get a shake at certain rpm's.
Yes I tried three different sets of props 2 sets I had balanced one set I left untouched i've even gone so far as to change the rubber damper balls lyes I've done Imu calibration I own three other Phantom visions this isn't my first rodeo I've obviously got a defective gimbal or vibration coming through the bird

I just saw it and thought of that DirectTV commercial. I don't really think you're a creep, just pokin fun.

Great video BTW.

Yes I tried three different sets of props 2 sets I had balanced one set I left untouched i've even gone so far as to change the rubber damper balls lyes I've done Imu calibration I own three other Phantom visions this isn't my first rodeo I've obviously got a defective gimbal or vibration coming through the bird
Ok, yep sounds like you have been trying everything. I was referring to the OP but you have a problem also:). I don't know if they rushed this model or not. Seems like a lot of camera/gimbal & just plane problems. I had to have a new camera installed on mine as it was out of focus. The dealer I purchased through, was waiting for a replacement bird. When it came in, a motor did not work so they traded out the camera on it. Pretty cool water slide, I had to really look closely to where they were they were coming in and leaving at.

Last edited:
this has nothing to do with unbalanced props or dampeners, the vibration is from the gimbal unit itself. You can easily test it on the ground without turning on the motors. If you get a pulsating vibration your gimbal is doomed and you have to send it in. You can mask the vibrations with extremely low shutter speeds but you will always have worse video quality compared to a P3 with ND Filter and no vibrations.

well I got my P3 Advanced today as a temp replacement for my P3P while the P3P goes to DJI grrrr
Winds blowing 15 -25 but I thought what the he$# lets give it a test
So No updates!:p Took it out of box did a IMU calib and compass dance and sent her on her way
Now this is more like the Phantom I was expecting bucking the winds shoot perfect stable video no vibration
So They can do it right;) lets hope not to many others get the lemon I did.
Just sucks now Ill have to sell one of them when I get mine back from DJI at a loss no doubt:(
When you get a lemon DJI needs to buck up and be like AMAZON and just exchange. Wish I would have got my P3P From Amazon

Side note I did 57.4 MPH not to shabby
IMG_0821.PNG

Not really, Does not shake at all, See video

Try changing the White vibration dampers

I ordered these from phantom help. Com but it came with 4 different styles.. Which do you use? WAY BETTER THAN STOCK DAMPERS

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

this has nothing to do with unbalanced props or dampeners, the vibration is from the gimbal unit itself. You can easily test it on the ground without turning on the motors. If you get a pulsating vibration your gimbal is doomed and you have to send it in. You can mask the vibrations with extremely low shutter speeds but you will always have worse video quality compared to a P3 with ND Filter and no vibrations.

When I hold the P3 by the legs and rotate to one side, the gimbal starts to pulsate or vibrate. I tried a gimbal calibration but that doesn't do anything. So does this mean turn it in? Sucks, getting ready to fly off to Hawaii.

Your video looks a lot better than mine did. Here is a video from the shaking:

Give it a sec, I'm uploading

I know mine was a loose screw on the camera mount to servo shaft because I may or may not have taken it apart to investigate before sending it back.

Bad gimbal or needs adjustment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic