Phantom 3 Pro gimbal board

Reaction score
A common subject I know but does anyone have a gimbal board for sale for Phantom3 Pro please?

Try
Mike Holt
( 530 ) 277-5366

He is in California USA
but I'm sure he can help

J Dot
:cool:
( Jerry from Florida ( if he asks ))

Reactions: sizain
Agreed to @J_Dot. You want to make money on repairs - fix overpriced hardware, like Apple products.

Phantoms are not overpriced, you're getting what you paid for in regards to the hardware. Especially not-the-latest models. You'd get better money even repairing Yuneec drones.

Repairing DJI is a hobby, not a business.

Agreed to @J_Dot. You want to make money on repairs - fix overpriced hardware, like Apple products.

Phantoms are not overpriced, you're getting what you paid for in regards to the hardware. Especially not-the-latest models. You'd get better money even repairing Yuneec drones.

Repairing DJI is a hobby, not a business.

It would be OK if DJI would continue giving support for the drones they sell. The Phantom 3 Pro is still a very good drone but if DJI no longer supply spare parts then there is a market for someone to repair the PCB boards

I'm no repair or service centre, by any means, but I've got a decent solder repair station and various pieces of test/electrical equipment used for hobbyist level stuff.

Even just reballed the VFBGA 1Gbit nand flash from my own P3PRO that popped off in a crash and that appears to be working, will know more when the new ribbon cable arrives.

However, I do like to try and help people where I can and similarly enjoy working with electronics as a hobby so I suppose if anybody needs any kind of electronics work doing to send me a message just on the off chance I might be able to help.

Reactions: quaddamage
I've tried the NandFlash o a few p2v+ ( wifi units )
With help from Goucho, but no luck!
My I'm not super computer savvy either! Lol
So A+ on your unit, and keep me informed, I'm interested on how it goes!

If you want to try your luck on any wifi units, I have 10 broken ones from repairs I've done, I made the attempt on 2-3 of them. I'd gladly send you a few to mess with, I'd love to see one work again!
I have a mint p2v+ with bad module I got In a deal a while ago, that is what prompted me to try the repair on the bad units! But sadly NO JOY!

But cool either way!

J Dot

I've tried the NandFlash o a few p2v+ ( wifi units )
With help from Goucho, but no luck!
My I'm not super computer savvy either! Lol
So A+ on your unit, and keep me informed, I'm interested on how it goes!

If you want to try your luck on any wifi units, I have 10 broken ones from repairs I've done, I made the attempt on 2-3 of them. I'd gladly send you a few to mess with, I'd love to see one work again!
I have a mint p2v+ with bad module I got In a deal a while ago, that is what prompted me to try the repair on the bad units! But sadly NO JOY!

But cool either way!

J Dot

I wouldn't say I'm computer savvy, but I'm fairly handy. I got lucky with this one because the yaw arm broke, cracked the plastic cover and flipped the NAND off the board. It pulled off a couple of pads but luckily they aren't internally connected. Reballed and reflowed back onto the board. DM365 logs show it's accessing the NAND so I'm pleased about that, hoping everything else is fine.

I can't honestly say I know anything about the P2V+, my own experience has been with the P3SE and P3PRO. I do know how to solder, so give me an idea of what sort of repairs you need and I'll have a think.

I'm no repair or service centre, by any means, but I've got a decent solder repair station and various pieces of test/electrical equipment used for hobbyist level stuff.

Even just reballed the VFBGA 1Gbit nand flash from my own P3PRO that popped off in a crash and that appears to be working, will know more when the new ribbon cable arrives.

However, I do like to try and help people where I can and similarly enjoy working with electronics as a hobby so I suppose if anybody needs any kind of electronics work doing to send me a message just on the off chance I might be able to help.
The gimbal board I have does not light up at all. The yaw motor does the da da da sound and the board gets hot but no fan working. All with or without micro sd card in or out. What part is not working I dont know. Any idea?

What state is the gimbal in? As in, is it connected to the drone, is anything broken off? How did it break? crash etc? Pictures would be great.

The Yaw motor is handled by a small DSPIC33, so that shows that is working at least.

If you plug it into a USB port on your computer with the SD card in, does the SD appear?

If you load up the app, do you get any error messages?

Gimbal looks Ok.
Not currently connected to drone but have connected it to get info for you, nothing broken off at all. Just stopped working, no crash.
Cable replaced with new, both camera motors replaced with new. Both grey cables replaced with new.
Nothing when connecting to computer
Drone is working fine and power supply is good on grey cable.

I'm guessing in the app, you don't get any live camera feed? Have you tried recording any videos or pictures?

Judging by my reading of the P3PRO hardware, it sounds like the Ambarella chip might be knackered. That chip captures all of the video from the camera, it then sends the video on to a MD365 chip for the lightbridge live video feed.

If there's no SD card popping up when you plug it into USB and you can't take any pictures/video, it sounds like the Ambarella chip is no longer working.

Unless it's been subjected to voltage spikes, it's unlikely that the chip is actually fried. It's most likely a dry solder joint as is typical with lead free solder.

Especially considering these are now 2/3 years old, subject to vibrations and shaking. Wouldn't be suprised if it was a dry joint. May just need reflowing with a nice drop of liquid flux.

Admittedly, I reballed my NAND chip with lead solder simply because it reflows better and at a lower temperature.

Nope, no camera picture at all now.
Does that chip also control the fan? The board still heats up, gets very hot but no fan.
I will take out the board and have a look to see what I can "see" with the chip.
Re-flowing could be an easy option and worth trying.

Something I could suggest but you'd have to be incredibly, massively careful is pressing down on the various chips when powering up? See if you get any life when pressing down.

I can't stress how careful you have to be, not so much from the pressure but from making sure you press directly downwards on the chip as if there are dry joints on the chip, any sideways movement might flip the chip off the board.

Just to add
The fan unit is the first to get SQUISHED, sometimes you can TWEAK them back into shape, but usually you'll replace the top board and upper gimbal housing ( part with the fan )
The magnets in the top board get out of whack and the yaw won't work or won't center! Other pitch points ( pitch and roll axis ) use potentiometers, and the pitch or roll boards can be replaced! But the top board is a BEAR, and is usually just replaced!

J Dot

And Dazmatic

I'll send you a private PM
WITH
a link about it all.
I have everything you'll need, I just never get a successful nand reflash, there are 2 parts you need to flash, I can get 1 or the other but never both!

Pretty easy but time consuming!
I have the Friskys nand flash boards X2, and schematics on where to solder the leads! Maybe just my laptop is too old?

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl