Phantom 3 Pro Crash - Camera Arm Bent and Not Functioning

Reaction score
Dammit I hit an unseen powerline, I hope i can fix the camera, the landing gear is messed up but even worse the camera arm is bent and the camera is not functioning.

I'm just hoping that once I fix the camera arm the camera will work again. Also, the landing gear popped out of the holes and one hole is ripped up pretty good. I hope I don't need an entire new shell.

IMG_1489.jpg
IMG_1491.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1490.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
My yaw arm was bent but it was still working but your arm seems like cracked, also check if motors are properly working try to rotate them and change the flex cable

I had a similar crash with my Phantom 3 Pro and it broke the mounting base for the camera and damaged the flex cable. It also pulled the grey wires from their socket. I bought a new cable and base and reassembled. It seemed to work fine, but occasionally the camera would not connect to the app on startup. Restarting the drone would always resolve the issue and there was no problem during flights. However, when I went to use it yesterday, the camera would not connect and I was unable to get it to work. I expect that there is a connection that is problematic. I'll use some contact cleaner and carefully reassemble again hoping for the best. During my test flight yesterday, I saw that the gimble was uncontrolled so maybe it's just a power issue.

Reactions: Randy57
Do you guys know how to get the screw threads back into the holes for the landing gear.

There's several videos on YouTube showing how to replace the landing gear. The P3P and P3S I had required a T9 torx for the landing gear fasteners. If you anticipate tackling this gimbal repair, get a set of tools. The Jakemy 8150 kit will provide all the weapons you need to do the job - or get you in way over your head - without breaking the bank; around $25. Of course, there's some really elegant precision tools available, but they can get expensive without offering any significant advantage. Assuming damage is confined to the gimbal assembly, it's very unlikely you'll be soldering.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.