Phantom 3 pro camera repairs

Reaction score
I forgot to turn on the amps on my controler last night before takoff! What a stupid mistake but anyway the drone flew well for about 600 foot from me then lost signal and it went into return home mode. I was not able to turn off return home and it hit the one and inly tree in my yard and crashed. It broke the camera off of the gimbal completly and bent the arm. The gimbal appears to still be working but no camera attached. Does anyone repair these? New costs more than the bird is worth. I dont have the time or repair it myself . Any ideas? I also have a advanced one with same issues.

I actually just experienced the same with my P3A. I hit a tree and broke the same arm. Replaced it myself for about 30. Had to replace the arm and the ribbon. Took me about 5-6 hours to fix it. If I had to do it again, I could prob do it in about an hour or so. If you get it repaired with DJI, you will pay abou 250 or so...almost cheaper to buy a new gimble..

Ok. Im not good with small parts due to hand issues. But both drones the p3p and p3advanced both have same issues and new cameras cost way more that birds are worth. But flying them with no cameras is worthless . Between rock and hard spot! I would sell both birds but they arnt worth anything without cameras. The pro has lots of mods done to it and cool but still not worth anything.

If you got a buddy who can operate with small screwdrivers then you can tackle this together. A few great YouTube videos out there.
I recommend to when installing the ribbon cable, start at the camera and work towards the controller board.
It really is an easy process.

Reactions: randyvanscoy
Ok..so I will say...the first time through..it is not super simple..I am dumb with stuff like this, but I did mine...and YES...start with the camera side, because you have to wrap it around the camera arm one full time then go to the other end..also, do NOT take off any of the adhesive tape until you have the entire ribbon ran

Reactions: randyvanscoy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl