Phantom 3 - No a Signal - Disconnects

SFA

Reaction score
I flew a few weeks with no issues but for the past two days the P3 reads 'No Signal' or 'Disconnected' and the feed drops. This occurs within 2 minutes of turning on the P3.

Has anyone else had this issue?
How about a fix?

I saw a few videos of this issue but no resolution thus far.

My set up:

P3 Pro
iPhone 6

Thanks!

Mine has started doing this the last 2 flights. Connected / Ready to fly. Then suddenly Disconnected NO SIGNAL. and repeat. Today I started the motors and it seemed to stay connected and I flew it out pretty far and back with only one quick disconnect but it quickly came back and no further issues.

P3A w/Ipad Mini 2

Similar problem - brand new out of the box not flow P3.
Signal between controller and P3 (green light) than no connection (red light and controller beep) - on for a few random seconds off for a few random seconds. The Pilot app on the iPad indicates the same (screen captures attached)
Rebooted everything - no change
In case of interference tried different locations including in the country - no change
Tried without connecting iPad - no change
Have successfully did the rebind between controller and P3 - no change

Screen captures are just seconds apart - in the country, P3 did not move, clear view to the sky and controller was just a few meters away.

Purchased direct from DJI website and have sent them an email.
Any advice appreciated.

IMG_1022.jpg
IMG_1023.jpg
IMG_1026.jpg

Mine has been doing this as well since the last firmware update. I'm going to try clearing the video cache as suggested in the thread envisionabove linked to and see if that takes care of it.

Crap... Mine has started doing this as well after latest firmware update... That stinks... :(

I flew today with the same setup that would not stay connected last week. Flew for 21 minutes flawlessly.

It's s long shot but the only thing that was different is that last week I was surrounded by trees and had to fly vertically through a small opening. Today was much more open. Does anyone think that could affect the disconnect?

Dji needs to get their act together and address these i
ssues very Quickly.
I am becoming more frustrated by this Drone by the day, in the UK we have had dreadful weather
for the last 5 weekends and Saturday is my only day off work.

So today weather is reasonably good I charged my Batteries last night and calibrated IMU this morning
and drove 24 miles to my location of choice to fly after powering up and after less than 60 seconds in the air
"NO SIGNAL" error no matter how many reboots of P3 my device or RC still no signal after trying for more than an hour
I just packed up and came home.
I was in the middle of Nowhere without any chance of interference so what is going on??

DJI Take note I have invested a lot of money on this quad and 3 spare batteries not to mention
other stuff like Case and props etc

I am looking at selling and buying Yuneec typhoon H copter to replace this £1300 paperweight!!!!!

Last edited:
Dji needs to get their act together and address these i
ssues very Quickly.
I am becoming more frustrated by this Drone by the day, in the UK we have had dreadful weather
for the last 5 weekends and Saturday is my only day off work.

So today weather is reasonably good I charged my Batteries last night and calibrated IMU this morning
and drove 24 miles to my location of choice to fly after powering up and after less than 60 seconds in the air
"NO SIGNAL" error no matter how many reboots of P3 my device or RC still no signal after trying for more than an hour
I just packed up and came home.
I was in the middle of Nowhere without any chance of interference so what is going on??

DJI Take note I have invested a lot of money on this quad and 3 spare batteries not to mention
other stuff like Case and props etc

I am looking at selling and buying Yuneec typhoon H copter to replace this £1300 paperweight!!!!!
Try this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers