Phantom 3 motors not properly spinning when trying to launch

Reaction score
Recently i got a used DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Everything seems to work as it should besides when i try to take off. I have updated the firmware, calibrated the controller , and tried the automatic take off from the app (DJI GO). When i pull both sticks down to an almost touching position the drone should start and spin the motors twice to show that it is ready to take off, but instead of that when i pull the sticks down the drone motors slowly spin. The motors have no reaction to spin faster when the throttle is moved but will still turn off when i pull the throttle all the way down. I contacted the guy that sold it to me and he said that that he hasn’t oiled the motors in seven months, but do the motors need to be oiled? All ideas help i would like to get to the bottom of this but if worse comes to worse i could just get my money back or get some new motors.

Video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
P.S: i know the video was taken inside that’s because i wante to just give everyone a close up on what the motors are doing. but the drone should still have no problem revving its motors to indicate it is ready to fly.

Here is a video from outside:

Last edited:
Recently i got a used DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Everything seems to work as it should besides when i try to take off. I have updated the firmware, calibrated the controller , and tried the automatic take off from the app (DJI GO). When i pull both sticks down to an almost touching position the drone should start and spin the motors twice to show that it is ready to take off, but instead of that when i pull the sticks down the drone motors slowly spin. The motors have no reaction to spin faster when the throttle is moved but will still turn off when i pull the throttle all the way down. I contacted the guy that sold it to me and he said that that he hasn’t oiled the motors in seven months, but do the motors need to be oiled? All ideas help i would like to get to the bottom of this but if worse comes to worse i could just get my money back or get some new motors.

Video:
P.S: i know the video was taken inside that’s because i wante to just give everyone a close up on what the motors are doing. but the drone should still have no problem revving its motors to indicate it is ready to fly.

Here is a video from outside:
Thats one I've never seen. Very odd...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers