Phantom 3 - HDMI Output Module (Pro/Adv)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
It's not working with the P4P right now. DJI is going to have to release a new firmware version to fix it.

No kidding!? Thanks for the word! That's good to know! Do you think they are trying to get folks to purchase the version with the monitor? I bought a new set of HeadPlay FPV goggles that I'm hoping to use with this module and drone.

Man, I'm in the same situation as you. I have a phantom 3 pro and I purchased the HDMI board, installed it, and it doesn't work. I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of setting in the DJI GO application that I need to change to get the video to go to my iPad air 2 and my HDMI out as well. Does anyone have any input or experience with this? I feel like I just wasted $100 on the HDMI upgrade board that doesn't work. It would be nice if DJI would send some instructions with this stuff.
I have installed two of these HDMI boards....the first on a Phantom 3 Pro and the second on a Phantom 4. In both cases, I found that if you install the board and immediately do a firmware update, they work great! Apparently some of the functions, as well as the additional OSD options, are only available if the firmware update sees the board installed. This also seemed to prevent the errors associated with connecting to the aircraft afterward.

On another note, when using the Headplay, plan on purchasing the optional lens from RHO. This moves the focal point from 7" to 16" making a much clearer image.... especially for older people like myself who have problems focusing at 7"! Great addition to a fantastic display.

Where is the setting in the app to turn on or off the HDMI output? I've installed the board, but cannot get it to work. Either my board is broken, or the HDMI out doesn't work with the new DJI GO, or there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Thoughts?
Do a firmware update. Seems that some of the functions, especially the OSD items, may not install with the update if the module is not installed at the time. I found, with both a Phantom 3 Pro and a Phantom 4, that doing a firmware update immediately after installation cured everything and they have both worked great for over a year!

There are many videos on YouTube. However, I recommend watching this one from DJI also, as it provides steps in which to verify if the new HDMI module has been installed correctly as well as covers which DJI Go app settings on the HD page can be used to adjust video types - as odd as it sounds adjust fps: 50 or 60Hz.

Reactions: Brent10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20