Phantom 3 Full hands on Review and real video and photos samples

Sounds like he thinks it's OK ....
a vastly improved product from it's predecessor
captures MUCH better videos and stills than the Phantom 2
gimbal and camera seem to be better built
dynamic range and colour saturation is much improved over the P2
no more stair stepping when exposure changes

Now I just have to wait a month for mine to arrive.

Any examples of camera/gimbal tilt up/down?

Last edited:
I did. Don't recall any gimbal tilts....mebbe I missed it...can you point to one in particular?

Edit: Derp. The FIRST one....missed it....doh!!

Does the 4k camera also shoot in 1080/30fps?
Phantom 3 Professional
  • UHD: 4096x2160p 24/25, 3840x2160p 24/25/30
  • FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60
  • HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60
Phantom 3 Advanced
  • FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60
  • HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60

I want P3 but I gotta say, the feeling you get from action scenes with P2 fish eye actually looks better :O
I beg to disagree!
Fish-eyes are distracting for wide landscape videos. In aerial landscape footages, you often can see the horizon and your mind is psychologically set to use the horizon as the reference horizontal line. But in fisheye lenses, the horizon is bent and the corners are constantly pinching in as you tilt\pan\move the camera, and this cause a lot of distraction and confusion. It might be interesting at first and if it is used occasionally, but you can not stand watching the video more than a couple of minutes.

Horizon was not level in all the videos.

Also, other videos with the P3 I've seen show both blades in the freaking video. How stupid is that? One of the P3 photographers told me you have to fly slower and/or crop to avoid seeing the blades. Two more steps!! I don't know what DJI is thinking here or if it is thinking at all.

Too bad report doesn't mention anything on the app.
Anyone know if the yaw rate is adjustable? Can the telemetry data be saved as a file?

Also, other videos with the P3 I've seen show both blades in the freaking video. How stupid is that? One of the P3 photographers told me you have to fly slower and/or crop to avoid seeing the blades. Two more steps!! I don't know what DJI is thinking here or if it is thinking at all.
I notice about the horizon too....

How stupid is it believing that DJI are dumb enough to deliver a product like that .. and that the majority of testers haven't noticed if it's so obvious?

What you say is contradictory to what Blade Strike says about his testing over on RC groups.
The lens has a narrower FOV than the P2V+ and the camera tilt can go up above horizontal. Proper camera tilt and normal flying and you don't see the props.

Reactions: bobomet

that was just the perspective, the horizon was level when you look the san francisco bridge video at 4:40. With mountains in the background it always look not level. Of course the Props are in the picture?? Why you expected something different? Its still the same frame, not an inspire1. With the P2 series you have to tilt the camera a bit downwards and avoid flying full throttle because you will the the props, even in gopros "Medium" Mode. The Phantom 3 makes no difference here

It does a bit, because the FOV is not as wide.
It was easy to get props in frame with P2V+ if you go fast.
It must be slightly harder to do it with P3
If shooting 4k you would have the option to crop more and and still render at 1080p.
Or just fly at moderate speed, or backwards to avoid it.

I wonder if a camera firmware update would allow:

1) 4K 60 FPS

and/or

2.7K 30/60FPS

hmmmm..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic