Phantom 3 Full hands on Review and real video and photos samples

I wonder if a camera firmware update would allow:

1) 4K 60 FPS

and/or

2.7K 30/60FPS

hmmmm..

It needs upgrade ALOT more than just firmware to handle that amount of data.

Are there more still photos? That one looks kinda crappy, mostly by lot of JPG compression.

It needs upgrade ALOT more than just firmware to handle that amount of data.

Just throwing it out there....GoPro did it with a firmware update on the 4 Black....

I'd be perfectly happy with 1440p/2.7K 60 FPS. Sweet spot for the chip....

Ever hopeful...

I beg to disagree!
Fish-eyes are distracting for wide landscape videos. In aerial landscape footages, you often can see the horizon and your mind is psychologically set to use the horizon as the reference horizontal line. But in fisheye lenses, the horizon is bent and the corners are constantly pinching in as you tilt\pan\move the camera, and this cause a lot of distraction and confusion. It might be interesting at first and if it is used occasionally, but you can not stand watching the video more than a couple of minutes.

Yeah you clearly didn't read my post. You call aerial landscape footages action scenes same way as you record motor sports etc?

Just throwing it out there....GoPro did it with a firmware update on the 4 Black....

I'd be perfectly happy with 1440p/2.7K 60 FPS. Sweet spot for the chip....

Ever hopeful...
According to Blade or Ed on the rcgroups forum, the P3A is a crippled version of the P3P, it's not just a software limitation, there's a "critical piece missing", so don't expect any hacks/updates to 4k.

According to Blade or Ed on the rcgroups forum, the P3A is a crippled version of the P3P, it's not just a software limitation, there's a "critical piece missing", so don't expect any hacks/updates to 4k.

Understood.... I ordered the P3 Pro and am referring to the P3 Pro.... Like I said, 1440p/2.7K @ 60 FPS would seem to be a doable thing given that 4k/30 is already there....(at least in this retired software engineer's feeble mind) ;)...

Perhaps, like StevenQX said, "Maybe the P3 Plus"...

Reactions: StevenQX

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl