Phantom 3 Flight Controller - A2?

Reaction score
Since the Phantom 3 uses the Pilot app, and that app cannot be used with any of the 2's, I'm curious if that means that P3 FC is the same (or similar) modified A2 that's in the Inspire?

Good question. I lean towards doubtful. The A2 is $1200.

I'm all ears...

Why change the hardware when you can (more cheaply) change the software (firmware)?

Perhaps, but then there would be fewer technical limitations to having the Pilot app available on for P2V+'s, since it will already understand that the P3 might only be the 1080 version.

In fact, the only hardware difference between Phantoms, if it's still a Naza, is the optical flow underneath (which may or may not also point to it not being Naza)

Perhaps, but then there would be fewer technical limitations to having the Pilot app available on for P2V+'s, since it will already understand that the P3 might only be the 1080 version.

In fact, the only hardware difference between Phantoms, if it's still a Naza, is the optical flow underneath (which may or may not also point to it not being Naza)

OF has nothing to do with Naza.

Right, that's what I'm saying - wouldn't it be part of the A2, since it has to communicate positioning somehow? Doesn't it rule it out as a Naza FC?

Right, but wouldn't it be part of the A2, since it has to communicate positioning somehow? That's what I'm saying, since the P3 has OF, doesn't that rule it out as a Naza FC?

No.
There are comm ports and other data busses (i.e.CanBus) which these are connected to.

Have you noticed the P2 compass and GPS are not part of the Naza either?

These plug into the main pcb which contains an imbedded processor.
This processor has numerous communication 'ports' and handles all the data parsing before it is sent to the Naza via it's 'EXP' port or terminals.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.