Phantom 3 Crack Repairs

If you accept below par products breaking before you even recieve them for 15-2000$ then that's your business ! But me myself .. I won't spend that kind of money on broken and known manufacture defects !! Just keep handing em your money for broken drones !! But I rather have something that is par !! Fully operational when I purchase it without worrying it's gonna break from them cutting Coners !!
Do you think anybody would have pre-ordered a P3 if they knew there was a major defect in the shells. Those of us who have already bit the bullet and received our units will either make the necessary repairs and move on to enjoy flying these great machines or wait to see what DJI is going to recommend. I for one am not going to miss out on the fun and have just applied tie wraps and readjusted the screws in the hopes that this solution will do the job. If not, what's the worse that can happen :) To date there has not been a single reported grounding/crash of a P3 due to the cracks. There have been a couple that have sent theirs back which showed failures that would probably have ended in a crash and needed replacement. But those are probably a very small population out of the whole fleet.

Last edited:
Sorry and good luck..

I will add that with over a 100,000 unit this is only happening to a very SMALL fraction of units. I know this doesn't help the fact if you're on of those users. But you have to looks at the big picture. This is caused by over torque of the drivers at the factory. They have been in the process of calibrating these drivers so this doesn't happen again.

You have to remember that people are also using this excuse after using thread lock and or installing prop guards and over tightening screws. As someone in this thread stated it's about 20 people right now, with over 100,000 units in the air, it truly is such a small number.

Then why 8 weeks to fix or replace ? Another reason I won't even try this product !!

Are there serial number .. Problem from #to # so and so !!

That and I have purchased one from multi copter warehouse in Co and they refused to ship after charging the credit card and requested we mail a copy of our id to them !! They would not accept payment by mail either !! Cashiers check or money order ! I almost had to beg to be there customer l. Na I don't think so ! When it's my 2 grand !!

Also nearest one to me the jacked the price just for the bird nothing else too $1459.00 I don't think so on that either ! If I was gonna go well over 2grand I'd go to a inspire 1 !

I'm sorry we torqued your unit along with 19 others too tightly. We can't replace it for you but you can do without it for 2 months and send it in to us. If the fraction is so small, you can eat it on 20 units and replace them.

Reactions: Skipper2
Then why 8 weeks to fix or replace ? Another reason I won't even try this product !!

Are there serial number .. Problem from #to # so and so !!

That and I have purchased one from multi copter warehouse in Co and they refused to ship after charging the credit card and requested we mail a copy of our id to them !! They would not accept payment by mail either !! Cashiers check or money order ! I almost had to beg to be there customer l. Na I don't think so ! When it's my 2 grand !!

Also nearest one to me the jacked the price just for the bird nothing else too $1459.00 I don't think so on that either ! If I was gonna go well over 2grand I'd go to a inspire 1 !
I feel your pain. Hope you come back when the issue is resolved and join in the fun and excitement.

If this happens you return the unit, nothing more, nothing less..If it has been flown then you do have to send it in. Plus I don't know where you're buying your p3 but retail is $1259 for the pro.
If this happens you return the unit, nothing more, nothing less..If it has been flown then you do have to send it in. Plus I don't know where you're buying your p3 but retail is $1259 for the pro.

I have looked every where for em .. Here is where the have em closer to me in stock !! 2 of them .. There price bird only $1459.99 plus taxes

Feel free to check !
Hobby-sports.com 9782 portage rd , portage MI phone # (269)323-3686

Store front is hobby sports

I'm sorry we torqued your unit along with 19 others too tightly. We can't replace it for you but you can do without it for 2 months and send it in to us. If the fraction is so small, you can eat it on 20 units and replace them.
Which I'm sure DJI will do once it's determined the unit is indeed defective.

I have looked every where for em .. Here is where the have em closer to me in stock !! 2 of them .. There price bird only $1459.99 plus taxes

Feel free to check !
Hobby-sports.com 9782 portage rd , portage MI phone # (269)323-3686

Store front is hobby sports

Well that's over priced. they retail for $1259..

See this is why most users don't post on this site anymore. We have people that don't even own P3's chiming in..

If the p3 isn't for you move on, simple as that. Otherwise you're just trolling

Reactions: russiarulez
See this is why most users don't post on this site anymore. We have people that don't even own P3's chiming in..

If the p3 isn't for you move on, simple as that. Otherwise you're just trolling

Iam chiming in because I tried buying one from online !! And then came across all these issues !! I paid for one ! Now gotta wait 5-7 days to get the refund cause they wouldn't ship !

So don't be mad cause there sticking you and I got my money back !

Exactly .. Another reason I didn't go over there to purchase one and inspect it !! The next one close too me is 2 1/2 hr ride .. To inspect before I would by it ..

I'm lost, please come back and post once you have one. Otherwise not going to try to understand your post.

Have a wonderful day.

wait a minute. You have a prospective buyer that has fears of spending his money on manufacturing defects. Then you call him a troll because he doesn't own one. Dismiss him because he doesn't own one and then tell him that it is because of people like him that other people won't post on this forum.

Be dismissive of his concern and tell him to go buy one before you will give him the time a day and try to understand him. hmmm....what kind of sales is that? Are you not here to win people to your product?

Instead, you made him look like a child and called him a troll because he is "trollling"

I think you maybe you need another vacation and spend more time with your family, because your attitude stinks.....and wishing him to have a wonderful day in that way is condescending

You owe him an apology

I'm lost, please come back and post once you have one. Otherwise not going to try to understand your post.

Have a wonderful day.

Ok here's the final post .. My point is .. I have been trying to buy one for a week .. Had nothing but issues with purchasing ! And they refused to ship me one and is crediting my card back in 5-7 days . Then I came across the issues here I thought **** I was lucky they didn't ship.. I have tried purchasing from hobby shops that are closer and maybe have some customer service for questions and answers !! Well there's only 2 hobby shops that has em on hand , one very over priced , and the other is 2 1/2 hrs away ! So my real question is are there serial,numbers in between say 2000 - 4000 that are having this know issues and you have corrected the issues after say serial number 4005 .. ? (numbers are just,used for reference )

Read the post again Buck.. Please don't try to turn this around. I'm here for support nothing more, nothing less.

"If you accept below par products breaking before you even recieve them for 15-2000$ then that's your business ! But me myself .. I won't spend that kind of money on broken and known manufacture defects !! Just keep handing em your money for broken drones !! But I rather have something that is par !! Fully operational when I purchase it without worrying it's gonna break from them cutting Coners !!"

"Thx .. But I am not even chancing it !! DJI lost this customer !! I'll find something better to spend my 2g's on !! cause this ain't worth it !! Good luck to everyone that's being screwed by DJI ... I'd send everyone of em back and everyone contact 1 lawyer !! Then I bet they would be a big recall,!! but as I see it right now .. There just taking everyone's money and giving them the run around !! good luck to you all !!"

It's fine to voice your opinion but it does become trolling when you continue to post over and over again, especially when you don't own one.

The guy comes in and insults us all as allowing ourselves to "be screwed". Maybe you didn't read the posts I did?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

So basically go give us your money before we tell you !!

We just <removed> you ! you just did I will never by DJI products !! <removed> you and your company !

No this is an example why I will not or have to support you. No one has to deal with this type of attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
See what I mean? Immature little punk. Saw it right away.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, been on these forums for many years.. You can usually call it within a post or two.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr