Phantom 3 battery low voltage

Reaction score
IMG_2352.PNG
Hi, I took out my p3s for a flight thrn I noticed that the voltage on the battery was really low and the battery was only charged to 89%..
Two of the cells were at 3,51 and 3,53 the other two were at 3,47.
What should I do?

Not much context here.... Did you charge up your batteries before going out to fly or had this one been sitting a few days and begun it's programmed self-discharge? Is this a DJI battery or an aftermarket version?
You have 123 charge cycles on this one. It may have just decided to retire early.

Not much context here.... Did you charge up your batteries before going out to fly or had this one been sitting a few days and begun it's programmed self-discharge? Is this a DJI battery or an aftermarket version?
You have 123 charge cycles on this one. It may have just decided to retire early.

I charged it until it shut down by itself and this is the original battery. What should I do with it? Throw it through the window?

I charged it until it shut down by itself and this is the original battery. What should I do with it? Throw it through the window?
That seems like a waste. I'm thinking doorstop, paperweight, maybe something artsy. If you have a hot glue gun and some glitter you could probably come up with a nice design.

It hadn't set for more than 12 hours after a charge?

What was the percentage when you started your flight? it will be on your flight log.

What was the outside temperature?

Rod

Maybe it's just me but, I see more than one red flag in that photo. I don't know all of the circumstances around that battery but, if that's fully charged at 89%, with 123 charge cycles on an original battery, plus deviations on two cells, the only thing that's missing is a little battery voice crying out, "Stick a fork in me, daddy, I'm done!" Not sure but, that may be some kind of record. Definitely time to break down and buy a second battery, and retire that one before it commits suicide - in flight.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic