Phantom 3 and Trackimo

Reaction score
Where are you guys going to put the trackimo on the phantom 3? I ordered mine and see where people have put it where the vision camera and ultrasounds sensors are not located. Any thoughts? Pics?

Have you tried mounting it vertically in the rear corner of the legs, outside? You'll need a piece of lexan that you can cable tie to the outside corner of the legs where then you can mount the Trackimo via Velcro and cable tie...

Premise is the sensors measure the area inside the legs....

Where are you guys going to put the trackimo on the phantom 3? I ordered mine and see where people have put it where the vision camera and ultrasounds sensors are not located. Any thoughts? Pics?
I too got the Trackimo, have not mounted on my P3P (just arrived 5/5/15). Would love to see pictures of the mounts you all come up with.
The Trackimo WILL NOT let you delete history. Two E-mails to Trackimo, all your history is forever. Not sure I like that but that's what they told me.

On most of my phantoms I have it mounted right were the sonar is on the p3s so that will not work BUT on my fc40 the only place I had room to mount the trackimo is on the side of the battery bay being I already have my flytrex mounted on the belly behind the camera..Which should work on the p3 being its got a bigger battery bay then the fc40s so it should fit nicely on the side of a p3s battery bay and also should not be blocked to much even by the p3s huge circuit board that takes up most of the shell.

I may put it vertical right here. With 3m tape and tether it to the landing gear

52D2C37A-EB0B-4B89-AA98-1AC203A5FE46_zpsmtfhvgki.jpg

I made a plate for it to protect the gimbal

F98F3B14-A4E4-4E68-9425-9EF91FA48249_zpsxisd1gdg.jpg

Why would you use a Trackimo and a Flytrex at the same time? Just asking.

Why would you use a Trackimo and a Flytrex at the same time? Just asking.

incase it ever gets lost i can track it with the trackmo. Being the flytrex is just a old non live flytrex that just records my flight data on to an sd card and dont send it out..

Thanks. I'm new to this, and I understood the P3 could do the waypoint recording itself.

It can but if it goes out of range where you can't see it with the remote, then the trackimo comes in.

Here's what I came up with. No interference with the camera or gimbal. When I boot the P3 up and it does through it's range of motion, no hitting. Velcro and tethered

Thanks. I'm new to this, and I understood the P3 could do the waypoint recording itself.
I think the p3 does record were its been on the map but it can only get that from the p3 sending the info back to the controller. So it if were to take off and go out of range or if it went down and the signal is blocked by things on the ground between the bird and the controller. It would not be able to get the info from the phantom or have the last part of were it went or were it was. Tho what ever the last place on the map very well might still help some one at least have an idea where to start looking for it if they dont have a tracker and might at least help narrow down a likely search grid.

This is the new design for the trackimo gps tracker to fit on a phantom-3, few quick tests and and ready on gimbal-guard.com

Attachments

• trackimo.jpg
    trackimo.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,229
This is the new design for the trackimo gps tracker to fit on a phantom-3, few quick tests and and ready on gimbal-guard.com
I would be interested in that. How much? Will it accommodate the silicon Trackimo cover? I use mine. Kind of makes the Trackimo look discreet

Hope it comes out in all white to match the phantom

Last edited:
hi, it will be $13.5 worldwide. shipping included and it's only 10gr, and about the color, I will have option to choose whichever color you like. (printing time is a little longer than the rf v-16 holder, therefore the price differences between the two)

hi, it will be $13.5 worldwide. shipping included and it's only 10gr, and about the color, I will have option to choose whichever color you like. (printing time is a little longer than the rf v-16 holder, therefore the price differences between the two)
I'll take one in white. How does it secure the Trackimo? Prevent it from sliding out? The bottom of mine has Velcro. I see your model has a cut out. Any chance making that solid to attach Velcro? I also use my Trackimo to track my small child. So it has to be easily removable

This is how I carry mine but want to move it

Last edited:
ohh and about the silicon cover, so not at the moment but I will tri to make something for that too, I only worry that it will make it a little too big but I will try and see how it goes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20