Phantom 3 and Trackimo

One hobby fuels another, one skill fuels another.....

I modeled and printed this for my vision 2, never had a problem. Slung under the bird. It tracks, it is out of the way. I like it.

I could print more, once you have one, it is as easy as clicking the button....

The design was what took time, but as hobbies go, I wanted one so I did it. I added longer screws to the landing gear and was done. This is rev c or so, I may have revved it 2 or 3 more times....
trackimo and bracket 12.JPG

One hobby fuels another, one skill fuels another.....

I modeled and printed this for my vision 2, never had a problem. Slung under the bird. It tracks, it is out of the way. I like it.

I could print more, once you have one, it is as easy as clicking the button....

The design was what took time, but as hobbies go, I wanted one so I did it. I added longer screws to the landing gear and was done. This is rev c or so, I may have revved it 2 or 3 more times....View attachment 19976
Would like to see pictures of it on your phantom

trackimo mount.JPG
[
Your results may vary. I have no problems with any of the sensors on my vision 2 with the trackimo mounted here. I got it on Ebay new but without a data plan for $65.00. I need to pay about $5.00 per month to keep it connected. It tracks, it can do more tricks than I will need.

The bird also has 2 of 4 prong stabilizers snapped onto the back nacelles. I printed them to help with rough landing surfaces. They work.

Ken

thanks for posting. The phantom 3 is a bit different though. That space is new reserved for ultrasound and visual sensors. Would have to be a side mount to work, as depicted in an earlier post.

Wanted to say Hi as I have been lurking around here for a bit. I realize that this thread was about the Phantom 3, but I just added a Trackimo to my P2 this morning and was not very happy with the mounting I had so far. Delirious, I like that plexi install and will likely adapt something similar for my P2.

This is my trackimo mount. A little carbon with tire-ups, attached with velcro and secured with extra velcro tape. I will test this tomorrow...;)
trackimo1.jpg
trackimo2.jpg

Guys .. why Trackimo ??? since your p3 has it's own gps and it is always working/registering your instant location on google map ... so, what is the extra benefits ??? thanks in advance

How is it with Interference ?(2.4Ghz)
With my PH2 I had Probs with my Tracker and the PH2 connection as the Tracker is always update is GPS location.

Guys .. why Trackimo ??? since your p3 has it's own gps and it is always working/registering your instant location on google map ... so, what is the extra benefits ??? thanks in advance

If you lose signal, then you have no idea where the P3 is until signal is regained. What the app is displaying after signal loss is where the P3 last position was which may not be where it actually is (especially in the case of a fly away or crash). With Trackimo, you can switch to their app and get an accurate GPS position of where the P3 is even if you have lost signal with it.

Reactions: manosm1
I use a trackimo mount for the phantom 3 I purchased from Flying Ag and it works great and looks like it came with the Phantom. See it here.

Last edited:
If you lose signal, then you have no idea where the P3 is until signal is regained. What the app is displaying after signal loss is where the P3 last position was which may not be where it actually is (especially in the case of a fly away or crash). With Trackimo, you can switch to their app and get an accurate GPS position of where the P3 is even if you have lost signal with it.
Exactly!

Just received that same Mount bukaka has, does anyone know where i can get longer screws for the landing gear? I have extensions on my legs and with this mount the thread does not reach

Just received that same Mount bukaka has, does anyone know where i can get longer screws for the landing gear? I have extensions on my legs and with this mount the thread does not reach
I bought mine from Gimbal Guard, it comes with a pair of extra long screws, but I still use the original stock screws without problem.

One thing I don't really like about my Trackimo is it takes a few minutes for the app to update to its latest location. I was expecting a lot faster speed than that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj