Phantom 3 Advanced, spare props and batteries

Reaction score
Looks like DJI have discontinued spare props & batteries for the 3A.
Any recommendations for alternative sources of batteries and props (self-tightening)?
I'm in the UK but I guess international shipping might still be a thing.
Michael

Thanks for the reply - I'm concentrating on props at the moment.
Only one offer on Amazon and it's £21.99 per pair instead of £5.00 per pair last time I bought!
On ebay nothing genuine except used props, some with mud on so obviously have been crashed!
Amazing that I can't get affordable replacement props for a 4 year old drone.

In US , Link didn’t work

A6B90A22-DA92-4935-ABD8-FCC54566B49D.png

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Thanks.
$50 per set to ship to the UK!

Does anyone know, do the Phantom 2 props fit the 3?
Both are spin-on, self-tightening, look the same in photos.

• Sad
Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks.
$50 per set to ship to the UK!

Does anyone know, do the Phantom 2 props fit the 3?
Both are spin-on, self-tightening, look the same in photos.
Yes, they will fit and may well be similar - but 'suitable P2-advertised' knock-off props have metal, not composite plastic hubs. Without any modification there is less friction between the prop threads and the motor hub threads, with a consequent risk that a 'P2' prop could come loose and spin off.

That said, I've always flown P2 props on my P3P with absolutely no problems - it's been 4 years now. The 'suitable for P2 and P3-advertised' props I have are 9450, the same as the original P3P DJI props, which I also still have.

See this link for why and how. :)

Similar to what I bought here: 8PCS 9450 Self Tightening CW CCW Propellers Props for DJI Phantom 1 2 3 RC42 6000002006066 | eBay

Last edited:
P2 and P3 props have the exact same pitch and size and are completely interchangeable, as said above, original P2 props have metal inserts for the threads and have a higher chance of coming loose (the P2 doesnt have active braking so this wasnt as issue) but the P3 can slow down its props much faster which could cause them to come loose but I've never had that problem.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
As far as batteries go, original OEM DJI batteries are very hard to find and very expensive. Powerextra batteries are relatively easier to find and are about half the cost but personally I've had bad luck with them and I've returned 2 of the 3 I bought and the 3rd one I still don't trust as much as my other batteries. My original OEM battery is still fine and the newer FlyHi brand, works exactly like my OEM with no issues at all. I recommend searching for FlyHi brand batteries.

Batteries - I just missed out! 16 original new DJI P3 batteries for sale by a UK dealer - £109 each - I wasn't sure last night because the 2 I have are still OK but today I thought I would get one spare just in case.... Too late. All sold. Duh.

@3rdof5 - like most DJI stuff, FliHi batteries not available in UK and international shipping is no longer a thing, it is a thing of the past. Warehouses are filling up everywhere with international shipments going nowhere.

Still searching for props in the UK. Still can't believe DJI stopped offering them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers