Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.10.90

Reaction score
Says its released today - anyone have any idea what's changed/updated?

Oh, hang on....

1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports.
2. Optimized HDR+RAW format photos.
3. Improved motor performance to prevent occasional overheating resulting from a motor stall.
4. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Wonder what #4 is for?

Says its released today - anyone have any idea what's changed/updated?

Oh, hang on....

1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports.
2. Optimized HDR+RAW format photos.
3. Improved motor performance to prevent occasional overheating resulting from a motor stall.
4. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Wonder what #4 is for?
4 refers to the CSC function, both sticks to the corners for shutdown in flight, extended to 3 seconds.

It's point 2 that interests me the most - "Optimized HDR+RAW format photos."

DJI took so long to take this decision of increasing CSC stop/start time. Many accidents happened due to this reason previously. All other small companies like Hubsan x4 took that initiative long time back. Question is why DJI took that long?

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's point 2 that interests me the most - "Optimized HDR+RAW format photos."

Yeah, what does this even mean lol? In what way have they 'optimized' the photos?

Some things to check (if anyone who has updated would be kind enough to look into it):

-the difference in exposure between each of the 5 images in HDR bracketing mode (previously 0.7 stops per image)
-the recorded timestamp for these images (timestamp in metadata previously showed 1-2 seconds difference, even though the images are recorded within about 0.2sec of each other)
-the average file size of the raw files
-the behaviour at a manually selected speed of 1sec (previously with these longer shutter speeds, the phantom would change the ISO between shots instead of the shutter, which was basically pointless)

I hope that fixes the 'dead pixel' effect on dng raw files. Many white and red dots usually in the sky (blue) areas of a photo. If you turn up blue saturation levels or down luminance it's really pronounced. Looks horrible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20