Phantom 3 Advanced, failed v1.2.7 firmware update. (video inside)

Reaction score
Just got my Phantom 3 Advanced recently and have been loving it. Everything was fine and I got about 35min of flight time total. Was having some small glitches with my video stream and thats when I realized my DJI Pilot app was out of date!

I updated my android DJI Pilot app to 1.2.0 from 1.1.x, and it then complained my firmware was out of date. Went to update the firmware to v1.2.7 using the instructions on the DJI website, and after watching some youtube videos (for confidence. ha). Everything seemed to be going smooth, until it started making this awful noise:

It started doing that after ~10 min into upgrade.

I contact DJI chat support immediatly. They told me to wait it out to the full 25min. We waited till about 30min in and they said to shut it down and pull the txt and log files, which I have attached. You can see that there is a failure.

They told me to remove all the dropped files and leave only the bin file, and then try again. Which I proceeded to do. Same exact results as before. They then told me they can't help me and that I have to contact the North America DJI office in LA. So thats my next step...

In the meantime, anyone else had this happen to them?!?

I'm really bummed to see my Phantom out of commission, like I said, I've barely flown it. I'm fearing the worst, which is it having to have it go back to DJI. I really hope I don't get charged for this. because I followed their instructions to the T.

Attachments

• P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    368 bytes · Views: 512
  • P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 509
Try again.
Format the card in the pc.
Give it more time and wait 15-20 minutes for the update successful beeps.

Reactions: leoski
Well I can offer a little help for what its worth. First format the sd card and make sure you only download the bin to the sd card. Then find a flat surface that will allow the gimbal to dance freely(The carpet is no good). Make sure there is no speakers around your phantom and if you live on a slab there could be rebar in the concrete so get her up high on a table. Not much but I hope that helps:)

Format sd card download again and extract file for your phantom and put it on sd card
try again

I'm sure you can still fly.
Do you really need the update?
Most here have reported issues with VPS and some sort of artefact appearing on photos.

I might still be able to fly. Just worried about the the current on board firmware being corrupted. Might do some testing tomorrow.

this happened to my controller. I have to go back and get another bin file. and place it back on the new formatted card. For some reason mine would not take the bin file that I used on my Advanced. After grabbing a new bin file, it DL'd like it was suppose to and off I went.

Hi tman,
Same firmware update problem like yours.
I'm also in the DJI phase after trying everything: Different sdcards, Different pc's....
it's not like i'm want the update so much. It's just that i'm afraid to stuck in a loop of corrupted firmware on the aircraft and not be able to update firmware again.

Well, looks like some new firmware came out, gonna trying upgrading to it tonight! Keeping my fingers crossed!

I reformatted a different SD card and tried to upgrade to v1.2.8. The upgrade was a success! The DJI Pilot app shows all firmware update as well! :D

Thanks for the help everyone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair