Phantom 3 advanced app

Reaction score
Where can I download this app
When I try all I get is the app for the inspire
So frustrated thanks all

Where can I download this app
When I try all I get is the app for the inspire
So frustrated thanks all

I copied the links from DJI's P3A Downloads page.

From the App Store for Apple Devices:

From Google Play for Android Devices:

Also, if you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

Reactions: KachemakDiver
My P3Adv shows as P3Pro in app . But there is a problem at the gimbal board . When it shows as P3Pro , there is no video feed in app and light on gimbal is off . Once in a while , it starts correctly with light on gimbal and video feed in app .
It is good to watch if there is light on gimbal when drone gives no video feed.

QUOTE="seaman5705, post: 1480978, member: 123064"]
My P3Adv shows as P3Pro in app . But there is a problem at the gimbal board . When it shows as P3Pro , there is no video feed in app and light on gimbal is off . Once in a while , it starts correctly with light on gimbal and video feed in app .
[/QUOTE]
Look on top of the gimbal board housing, does the decal say Phantom Pro? Or Phantom Advanced?
Look on the side of the camera housing, does it have a logo saying 4K? Or HD?

QUOTE="seaman5705, post: 1480978, member: 123064"]
Look on top of the gimbal board housing, does the decal say Phantom Pro? Or Phantom Advanced?
Look on the side of the camera housing, does it have a logo saying 4K? Or HD?
[/QUOTE]

Everything is "Advanced" . I have dismantled gimbal and board , even replaced it with a second hand one , but no luck(faulty board too). I have flashed firmwares , studied logs, replaced OFDM board , check/replace ribbon cable etc . My take is some fault in Ambarella or it's supply . Also , when I could boot with all working , recording video at higher resolution or lately, flashing complete firmware, will crash the gimbal leading to no light , no SD card , no video feed . And no, it is not a matter of overheating - I use fan and cold environment . Maybe bad contact of Ambarella pins or some failing voltage regulator . But I am not an electronist . Now I am waiting for a complete package camera-gimbal-board.
My post was meant more to draw attention - so many people complain about video feed , but pay no attention to all the things. When no light on gimbal led , SD card is not recognized and there is no video transmission .
Strange though, how drone is seen as Professional . Maybe because all other electronics except camera package , are identical.

Having it being recognized as a P3P was leading me to believe that it has P3P firmware installed. The P3P and P3A use the same mother board. Just gimbal boards are different.

My post was meant more to draw attention - so many people complain about video feed , but pay no attention to all the things. When no light on gimbal led , SD card is not recognized and there is no video transmission .
I assure you that a large number of people have paid attention to the ‘no image transmission’ issue. There are hundreds of related posts here on the forum, and a very often referenced troubleshooting chart dedicated to this all too common problem.

I assure you that a large number of people have paid attention to the ‘no image transmission’ issue. There are hundreds of related posts here on the forum, and a very often referenced troubleshooting chart dedicated to this all too common problem.

Yeah , I've been through all the related posts on this forum and many other forums , Youtube etc before posting here . Nowhere I could see clearly stated this situation/conditonality or Adv drone being seen as Pro . Except if one could draw this conclusion from "troubleshooting chart" but then, the chart is more oriented on Pro drone - with faults on DaVinci etc . And when it comes to Ambarella faults , which will mostly apply to Adv drone - no solutions , or how to continue fault finding . I understand there is no solution about how to flash Ambarella . And Ambarella in Adv drone is a slightly different model compared to Pro one .

And no, firmware is for Advanced - P3S file . I've got the drone on 1.11.20 , more or less working - with same simptoms as described before . Drone could fly even when no video and being recognized as Pro. I reflashed or force flashed 1.11.20, 1.11.30 , being missleaded by all that talk about corrupt firmware - I am not sure it applies to Adv too. Results were mixed - sometimes flash will complete, sometimes will fail .Downgrading failed . Then I noticed OFDM not being detected in logs . I replaced it. Flashing became more difficult over time - mostly it will not complete because of gimbal board failing during flash - I guess the fault accentuated . With replacement gimbal board I could not flash .
This replacement board has other behaviour - it will connect/disconnect all the time . Somebody described this earlier - lots of green flashes on gimbal , then red/green sequences . It could write folders on SD but not flash - and of course it gives wrong position of gimbal arm because it is not paired with gimbal board and yaw motor . This board also has a different ID - P01069-10 - which I could barely see mentioned somewhere (not on github anyway) .
Anyway, I ended up with a clean log all modules being recognized and properly updated . If I had electronist skills , I would probably understand what is wrong , but now I am obliged to buy complete camera package . I would not risk buying only gimbal board from China, which could be faulty too - it is hard to get a refund from there .

But I have hijacked this thread . I only wanted to mention that App could see drone as other model when there are hardware faults . Most people have set the app to open automatically on mobile connection . If not , one could notice that app asks if you want to connect Inspire drone - which is strange too .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4