Phantom 3 Advance RC GL300c issue not working white led

The problem nowadays is people want everything to fast and get to a conclusion too soon.

Have you read some comments below the video?

Have you read the description where there is another video showing you the only component to warm up?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I bought a soldering station and put it to 350 degrees and warmed up for 30 seconds at 2cm of distance. First attempt nothing, Second attempt nothing and thought this video sucks and there are 500 people who are still jumping around the room because they fixed it.

I had a third go another 30 seconds only on that area making sure all the rest was protected with aluminum film and bam the RC is working again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starz
Was merely an observation as to how the maker of the video was so vague about where the real point of contention was on the board.
In reality, I don’t think he even knew.

Was merely an observation as to how the maker of the video was so vague about where the real point of contention was on the board.
In reality, I don’t think he even knew.

I was under the same impression and started to read more comments and found out about the second video and had a go.

Mate works. I fixed it only warming out that 8 pin chip

Actually a very old issue that has had several videos created for over the last few years. The silly part is how everyone except DJI knows how to fix the problem.

Actually a very old issue that has had several videos created for over the last few years. The silly part is how everyone except DJI knows how to fix the problem.

They don't want to fix it. They want charge you for it

The real solution lies in QC of the product they are manufacturing. This is simply a flaw in the QC process and should never get past a functional test of the board before final assembly of the controller.

I worked in electronic assembly for twenty five years with twenty of that as a maintenance electrician on the equipment used to build and test circuit manufacturing in an industrial environment.

The real solution lies in QC of the product they are manufacturing. This is simply a flaw in the QC process and should never get past a functional test of the board before final assembly of the controller.

I worked in electronic assembly for twenty five years with twenty of that as a maintenance electrician on the equipment used to build and test circuit manufacturing in an industrial environment.

I fully agree but they will never admit it. The solution is to warm up the area and keep going

Reactions: PJAC
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT as many P3A owners are having this problem . You have taken the time to try and resolve the problem with out ANY help or support from DJI.At least you having given us another option to fix this problem . I also have this problem but my remote and drone are in transit to a repair shop. I will post the results of my repair when I RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT as many P3A owners are having this problem . You have taken the time to try and resolve the problem with out ANY help or support from DJI.At least you having given us another option to fix this problem . I also have this problem but my remote and drone are in transit to a repair shop. I will post the results of my repair when I RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION

Let us know how much they charged for the repair.

Package was received on the first of july,waiting to hear from them . I will post information when I receive it from repair shop. Hopefully positive news !!!

OK Just receive phone call that no one wants to get ....."Sorry can not fix ????????????????? No other explanation ",that s it " . Will be returning Drone . Only good thing was did not cost for shipping or return or any service charge . Waiting to receive ,then I think I'll send out again to different shop to see what they can find out . All bum- out. To much money tied up to stop here .Will keep you informed on the results

I Know this is old thread but My 4K did same and I went through all that stuff...reflowing a few times only have it revert back to old problem weeks later but the best solution for me was to install a simple battery toggle switch on the back. It simply disconnects voltage to the board (as in the unplug the battery "fix") and plug in the charger in off position and then all 4 LEDs cycle. Turn toggle back on and it works. Seems to reset the Voltage IC on the motherboard (that little tiny one next to the White battery plug on the board)

In the end one of the cells in the battery died leaving 3.6v so I replaced it with a standard RC battery for a RC racing car from ebay.
7.6 volts and a little bit longer so had to cut a little bit of the RC housing away to get it to fit snug. A way better battery and performance for very little cost.
Hope this helps someone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.