Phantom 3 ADV takeoff problems after crash

Reaction score
Hello all,

This past weekend I crashed my Phantom 3 adv about 8 ft off the ground while I wasn't paying attention. After replacing the props, re calibrating the IMU, gimbal, and the compass, the phantom does not take off properly when it is in P-GPS mode. When I initially apply throttle the unit immediately flips over on its backside, very frustrating. I am able to take off fine when in ATT mode. And once in the air, I am able to switch to the P-GPS mode with no problem and land the unit in that mode as well. Any suggestions why this would be happening and how to correct it.. Thanks in advance.

Is there any damage to the AC, for example the shell halved not mated correctly or motors not seated properly on mounts?

Are the props in good condition? Do yhe motors spin freely and smoothly when rotated by hand?

What are your MOD values? You may need to perform an IMU calibration.

If one or more motors is damaged or out of alignment or the IMU out of whack the AC may be struggling to hold position but can just manage it when iff the ground. Take off will prove tricky though as lift is minimal as you transition off idle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj