Phantom 3 - 8700 Foot Flight

Reaction score
This is the furthest I've flown my Phantom 3. Several people have flown further but pretty good in my book. I kept in few things of interest (at the 2:25 mark)

I found that my P3 gets _much_ better reception when it's facing the transmitter. You will see this in the video with annotations. It's also interesting that it appears I get some interference at one certain location. As I fly past this location the signal gets better.

On my return flight, through that location of interference, I lose only my video feed. The Pilot app gives a pop up warning about this and gives me the option to RTH. I accept and it starts to fly back. The video feed is no longer working but you can see the P3 move on the map. There is also an "X" on the left side of the screen. This is to cancel the RTH. I do this and it works perfectly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Advexure
This is the furthest I've flown my Phantom 3. Several people have flown further but pretty good in my book. I kept in few things of interest (at the 2:25 mark)

I found that my P3 gets _much_ better reception when it's facing the transmitter. You will see this in the video with annotations. It's also interesting that it appears I get some interference at one certain location. As I fly past this location the signal gets better.

On my return flight, through that location of interference, I lose only my video feed. The Pilot app gives a pop up warning about this and gives me the option to RTH. I accept and it starts to fly back. The video feed is no longer working but you can see the P3 move on the map. There is also an "X" on the left side of the screen. This is to cancel the RTH. I do this and it works perfectly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear RTH worked as it should! :D Safe and happy flying!

-Dan

That's some distance, nice one;) good to see all the software working as it should;)

Nice reassurance:)

How does one record the pilot screen app on an iPad Air 2 while flying?

How does one record the pilot screen app on an iPad Air 2 while flying?
You could use a screen recording device like "shou" for your iPad, not used it but it was recommended to me.

To take a screen shot of the pilot app that's on screen...

Press the on/off button on top of your iPad at the same time as pressing the home button, this will take a screen shot & automatically put in your photo app.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on "shou"...I'll check that out.

No problems, let me know how you get on cos I also need to download it.

I had to enable assistive touch on my Ipad when I used it . Was a pain to me so I deleted it .
Does work though once ya get used to it .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic