Phantom 3 4k transmitter 2 antennas?

Reaction score
While looking at the photos of the phantom 3 4k I noticed that the transmitter appears to have the 2 antennas for light bridge, unlike the standard/p2 vision+ etc. which have 1 antenna for rc control with the wifi inside the transmitter. The documentation for the 4k states it doesn't have light bridge, which makes sense because it is the only feature separating it from the professional.

Seems unlikely, but is it possible that DJI is just reducing the antenna power and re-branding the professional as the 4k?

is it possible that DJI is just reducing the antenna power and re-branding the professional as the 4k?
Nope. It really does use Wi-Fi.

While looking at the photos of the phantom 3 4k I noticed that the transmitter appears to have the 2 antennas for light bridge, unlike the standard/p2 vision+ etc. which have 1 antenna for rc control with the wifi inside the transmitter. The documentation for the 4k states it doesn't have light bridge, which makes sense because it is the only feature separating it from the professional.

Seems unlikely, but is it possible that DJI is just reducing the antenna power and re-branding the professional as the 4k?
Not sure how accurate is this.

The antenna configuration of the Phantom 3 is called MIMO which stands for Multi in Multi Out. MIMO uses the combined signal from both of the antennas to achieve faster throughput.

I got this info from this post:
Extreme Long Range with Tree Antenna and Phantom 3 PRO

There is no Lightbridge in P3 4K; it has the same 3 antennas: 2 2.4GHz for video and 1 5.8GHz for RC control just just like P2V+ and P3S. See the 0:40 second mark of the video below. It's basically a P3S with 4K camera plus VPS just like P3A/P.

Not sure how accurate is this.

The antenna configuration of the Phantom 3 is called MIMO which stands for Multi in Multi Out. MIMO uses the combined signal from both of the antennas to achieve faster throughput.

Yes but why does it seemingly have the same range as the standard which only has 1 (external) antenna?

Yes but why does it seemingly have the same range as the standard which only has 1 (external) antenna?
You may have the same range based on terrain and obstructions but you may lose signals. Have you tested this theory? It would be interesting to know. I am sure there are many post about the range between the two. I was simply answering the question about the antennas.

You may have the same range based on terrain and obstructions but you may lose signals. Have you tested this theory? It would be interesting to know. I am sure there are many post about the range between the two. I was simply answering the question about the antennas.
I don't actually have the 4k, just the standard. Just going off the specifications from dji. Would be interesting to see if there is a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20