Phantom 3 4k Remote issue

Reaction score
Two weekends ago went out and flew through three batteries. Great time. Went into house charged 3 batteries. Fell asleep while third battery was charging. Next morning unplugged battery, all seemed ok. Plugged in remote to charge before going back out to fly all lights go out. Status light out, had two lights on battery charge level they go out. Plug in charger and get sparks at remote plug. Guess charger is toast, sending remote in for service. Bummer is that it was the first flight since having the battery replaced in the remote. Any ideas what went wrong? Suggestions for checking battery charger. Suggestions for a new battery charger. Would like to be able to charge all three at the same time.

Thanks
Turfdoc

Two weekends ago went out and flew through three batteries. Great time. Went into house charged 3 batteries. Fell asleep while third battery was charging. Next morning unplugged battery, all seemed ok. Plugged in remote to charge before going back out to fly all lights go out. Status light out, had two lights on battery charge level they go out. Plug in charger and get sparks at remote plug. Guess charger is toast, sending remote in for service. Bummer is that it was the first flight since having the battery replaced in the remote. Any ideas what went wrong? Suggestions for checking battery charger. Suggestions for a new battery charger. Would like to be able to charge all three at the same time.

Thanks
Turfdoc
Which version of remote do you have? Gl300 a, b, or c?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdof5
Oso is correct my remote is model # GL358wB
I learned something. And I know nothing about that remote so I've no idea what the issue is.

Bummer is that it was the first flight since having the battery replaced in the remote.
If it were mine, I would first suspect that something was wrong with the replacement battery or how it was installed.

I use this for all chargers/batteries:
With charger unplugged from wall socket;
1. plug charger into battery
2. check charger cables if they connect to brick/block that they are seated firmly.
3. Plug charger into power socket/wall.

This "should" avoid sparks.

Reactions: Telav

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic